Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any options to improve performance?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried LoZ:WW and was disapointed when I could only reach about 75-80%. I've been messing around with the settings and can't seem to speed up the game at all.
I've set the priority to high, and in the AMD graphics setting program it's set to high performance.

Specs:
AMD APU Quad Core A8-4500M
AMD Radeon HD 7640G + 7670M 1GB
4GB DDR3 RAM

Am I out of luck? Confused

I also looked at this, http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-set...unofficial but it's not updated
CPU bottleneck
Try this pre-configured Dolphin (by SS)
Btw , have you added Dolphin to "high performance" via "AMD catalyst control center" yet ?
(06-20-2013, 11:19 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]CPU bottleneck
Try this pre-configured Dolphin (by SS)
Btw , have you added Dolphin to "high performance" via "AMD catalyst control center" yet ?
What is CPU bottleneck?
Also what is different from that dolphin to the one I have? and yep I set the program to high performance in the AMD control center
Quote:What is CPU bottleneck?
Google ?
Spoiler:
Quote:Also what is different from that dolphin to the one I have?
EFB to texture(for speed) is set as default via .ini file
Quote:EFB copies to Ram (not for speed but for graphic accuracy) is default setting in Dolphin - Zelda WW's .ini file . Even if you switch to "EFB copies to texture" in Dolphin Graphic settings , this process will not be accepted because .ini settings will revert your settings (EFB copies to texture) back to "EFB copies to Ram"

In order to force the game run with EFB to texture , you must edit .ini settings :
_Right-click the game -> Properties -> Edit Config : Open .ini with notepad , find the "EFB to texture = false" or something similar to that under "video hack" and then change "false" to "true"
Games' .ini settings are only applied when starting a game; opening the Graphics settings overrides them to what you have set. Thus, if you're too lazy to edit the .ini, you can just open the Graphics settings after starting the game.

Also, EFB to Texture breaks the Picto Box, so when you're using that you might want to turn EFB to RAM back on.

And if you get any black/grey/whitescreen hangs in game that you can't get past, you'll need to use LLE Recompiler without "LLE on Thread" checked. This causes a rather large slowdown, so, uh, good luck? Save a lot (with memory card saves, *never* savestates) if you're gonna use HLE or "LLE on Thread".
I'm only getting about 20fps which isn't very playable. I have it on Gamecube so it's not really that big of a deal but I was just hoping I could run it on my laptop to make everything easier.

Thanks though.
(06-20-2013, 01:19 PM)Beta Wrote: [ -> ]I'm only getting about 20fps which isn't very playable.

Your CPU is too weak for this game and for most games.
Zelda WW is a "light" game. Demanding games will give you even more troubles
(06-20-2013, 09:33 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-20-2013, 01:19 PM)Beta Wrote: [ -> ]I'm only getting about 20fps which isn't very playable.

Your CPU is too weak for this game and for most games.
Zelda WW is a "light" game. Demanding games will give you even more troubles
Well I mean I get 100% speed on the menu and cutscenes and stuff it's just when I play the game it's not going above 75-85% :/
(06-20-2013, 11:31 PM)Beta Wrote: [ -> ]Well I mean I get 100% speed on the menu and cutscenes and stuff it's just when I play the game it's not going above 75-85% :/

The performance in menus/cutscenes is not really significant. The in-game performance is. This is where you can judge if you'll be able to run a game decently or not
(06-20-2013, 11:44 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-20-2013, 11:31 PM)Beta Wrote: [ -> ]Well I mean I get 100% speed on the menu and cutscenes and stuff it's just when I play the game it's not going above 75-85% :/

The performance in menus/cutscenes is not really significant. The in-game performance is. This is where you can judge if you'll be able to run a game decently or not
Ive noticed that the game only runs slower when theres lots to render, like on outset island, but in houses etc game runs at 99-100%.

Is there a way to turn down the visibility distance or something?
Pages: 1 2