Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin wont start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hello im new on the forum and i registrated me, because dophin wont start. I check directX, network frame 4.0,my graphic card, and the c++ packages, all were the latest versions. It is very strange, because when I start It, it shows up for some seconds in the task manager than it disappears, it works if i restart my computer completly but I dont want to do that every time Tongue hope you can help me
Try disabling your antivirus temporarily
Although i've never experienced this on dolphin, i've found the general culprit to processes disappearing from the task manager to be Windows update, a few of my apps experienced this problem, rolling back the update made everything go back to normal.
(06-04-2013, 05:46 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Although i've never experienced this on dolphin, i've found the general culprit to processes disappearing from the task manager to be Windows update, a few of my apps experienced this problem, rolling back the update made everything go back to normal.
i tried it a while back ago so it i tried it too in the last year and gave up on it. so i wonder if i have to deinstall all the windows updates from 9 months? btw my virus programm wasnt the problem im using kaspersky Big Grin hm im thinking if i should use the windows disc to repair windows in generally. what do you think about it? my comuter has sometimes a few little errors
. is that the problem?
MrSniffles Wrote:btw my virus programm wasnt the problem im using kaspersky

And this automatically invalidates it as a potential problem how exactly?
(06-04-2013, 06:19 AM)MrSniffles Wrote: [ -> ]i tried it a while back ago so it i tried it too in the last year and gave up on it. so i wonder if i have to deinstall all the windows updates from 9 months?

It'd be easier to just format, but do so at your own risk, it'd be a nice way to clarify if this is an OS issue of some sort.
i dont think i will format but i realised that when i start my computer in secure mode dolphin will run with no problems it is damm weard Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

i know that kaspersky isnt the problem because i deactivated it Dodgy

Mikey

Hi Mr Sniffles, good news you can play on Dolphin again Smile
Sucks that your computer isn't running properly Sad
If it runs fine in windows safe mode it may be a driver issue? I googled your problem briefly and most of the issues that sounded similar to yours were on older versions of Windows and were many and varied. What version of Windows are you running?
(06-04-2013, 10:50 PM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Mr Sniffles, good news you can play on Dolphin again Smile
Sucks that your computer isn't running properly Sad
If it runs fine in windows safe mode it may be a driver issue? I googled your problem briefly and most of the issues that sounded similar to yours were on older versions of Windows and were many and varied. What version of Windows are you running?
im on windows 7 64-bit with the newest updates installed. It isnt really good, that it runs only in secure mode because i cant play games. man that sucks! thank you, im gald that you helped and put so much work into it!
If you can find out what "Secure Mode" means or does, it may provide insight into what the issue is....
Pages: 1 2 3