Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Frame Skip Changing Nothing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Tooks

Hello! Loving this emulator, gamecube emulation runs perfectly fine on my computer [namely for Animal Crossing] however for the Wii version of the game I get between 45 and 60 fps dependent on where I am in the game. Speed wise it is between 75% and 100%. If i put any type of frame skipping on as expected the FPS drops [due to it not drawing those frames] however the overall speed of the game does not change. I dont know much about emulation but I thought that the usage of Frame Skipping allowed for games to run at a faster speed by missing a frame.

Is there just something wrong with my setup? Would really love to be playing some AC: City Folk
(05-28-2013, 02:38 AM)Tooks Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know much about emulation but I thought that the usage of Frame Skipping allowed for games to run at a faster speed by missing a frame.

Frame Skipping is pretty useless with Dolphin. Don't rely on that.

(05-28-2013, 02:38 AM)Tooks Wrote: [ -> ]Is there just something wrong with my setup?

This is your problem:
Quote:Intel i7 @ 1.66ghz

Your CPU is a bit weak
It will only help if you are bottlenecked by gpu.
Overclock your CPU if you can...

Tooks

I have been trying, I have an m11x R2 and the 1.66 is the bios overclock built into the computer. People have succesfully overclocked to 1.87 which i think would give me the boost i need to play it, or atleast ignore the slight slow down, but for some reason the program used to do this doesnt work for me x_x
For most games , you need i5/i7 @ 2.5->3.0GHz or even higher CPU frequency for demanding games
Quote:People have succesfully overclocked to 1.87 which i think would give me the boost i need to play it
You will need to OC at least 400MHz if you want to see improvement
1.6GHz + 400MHz = 2GHz
It's a laptop. I doubt there is much overclocking to be had.

Quote:3.5-367 x64

*facepalm* I am so sick of seeing that number. Press the download button at the very top of the forum, and get your builds off the official site. Latest as of this writing is 3.5-1386.
(05-28-2013, 10:28 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]You will need to OC at least 400MHz if you want to see improvement
1.6GHz + 400MHz = 2GHz

But I doubt 2.0GHz will be enough. Even for Animal Crossing

Tooks

(05-28-2013, 04:02 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]It's a laptop. I doubt there is much overclocking to be had.

*facepalm* I am so sick of seeing that number. Press the download button at the very top of the forum, and get your builds off the official site. Latest as of this writing is 3.5-1386.
I had downloaded it from this site but had not noticed the 'Development builds' below the main downloads. My bad. Updated to 1386
(05-28-2013, 11:11 PM)Tooks Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2013, 04:02 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]It's a laptop. I doubt there is much overclocking to be had.

I had downloaded it from this site but had not noticed the 'Development builds' below the main downloads. My bad. Updated to 1386
But you did notice 3.5-367 on page 20 of the development builds? Sure...
Pages: 1 2