Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Using VBeam hack in 30FPS games "properly"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I've found that in all of the 30FPS games I have, the VBeam hack makes even DSP-LLE Interpreter mode run like I'm playing an actual pc game, with one problem.

The games will always run at perfectly-consistent speeds, regardless of where I am, which I find amazing... but at exactly half of the frames that it's supposed to, while the audio procedure runs full speed without breaks or clicks, and then when I increase the framelimit so the game would be running normally, the FPS goes normal but the audio goes double speed, again without breaks, and without any slowdowns at all.

Thing is, since my computer is most likely a pile of horse crap drawn on with pencil then sold by HP, I want to harness this amazing power properly, so that I can enjoy some Wind Waker or Twilight Princess at full speed.

And it's only 30FPS games that do this, other games run like crap just like they usually would. No changes at all in them, other than the occasional slight FPS boost.

So tell me, how do I fix this godly option to work properly?
Settings?
Quote: Settings?
Here. Also included are the game settings for Wind Waker.
try setting the framelimit to Audio
(05-26-2013, 08:05 AM)Shadicbypass Wrote: [ -> ]try setting the framelimit to Audio
All that did was make it so that my framelimit was set to audio.
(05-26-2013, 08:08 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-26-2013, 08:05 AM)Shadicbypass Wrote: [ -> ]try setting the framelimit to Audio
try using LLE instead of HLE if you use HLE
(05-25-2013, 06:53 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]when I increase the framelimit so the game would be running normally, the FPS goes normal but the audio goes double speed

Set Framelimit to "Auto". Or set Framelimit to "30" (with "Limit by FPS" checked)
(05-26-2013, 10:56 AM)Shadicbypass Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-26-2013, 08:08 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]
try using LLE instead of HLE if you use HLE
I've tried 'em both, same results.

(05-26-2013, 09:30 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-25-2013, 06:53 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]when I increase the framelimit so the game would be running normally, the FPS goes normal but the audio goes double speed

Set Framelimit to "Auto". Or set Framelimit to "30" (with "Limit by FPS" checked)
That did exactly what you quoted. Audio still double-speed.
I was more interested in your GFX settings
Which games are concerned?
Pages: 1 2