Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Loop issue with Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everybody,

While I'm currently editing a Mario Kart Wii ISO (just changing courses and music) I got problems with the looping of the music.
If I set the second loop point further than 47 seconds, the music doesn't loop.
So I thought maybe I could make a test with Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, setting the loop-points of a certain track let's say from 0:00:00 to 0:05:00 (minutesConfusedeconds:milliseconds), just to see if the loop issue still remains when the whole loop is much shorter as intended ..
If anyone already did a test like this, please tell me Shy
Sanity check: are these issues present under LLE on a current/recent build? (This is all I can do for you, I don't mod games so I can't help much there.)
(05-21-2013, 04:00 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]Sanity check: are these issues present under LLE on a current/recent build? (This is all I can do for you, I don't mod games so I can't help much there.)
I assume you misunderstoof me Smile
I'm having no problems with Mario Galaxy with LLE
Well it's my fault, I should have written, that I want to make this test to see if the music loop issue is gone with HLE then
Sound issues in SMG (with HLE) are a known problem. It hasn't been solved yet
(05-21-2013, 07:19 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Sound issues in SMG (with HLE) are a known problem. It hasn't been solved yet
I know, but I would like to try if I can solve the issue by modding the audio-tracks
A much better idea would be to just fix up the HLE instead. Hacking the game to fix Dolphin's deficiencies is illogical, especially for something as abysmally deficient as the Zelda µcode HLE.
Yeah, but who knows how long it takes to fix this or if it is getting fixed at all ..
Someone's working on properly reverse-engineering and emulating the Zelda µcode right now, with delroth's assistance. Just be patient. <3
Oh that's very nice to hear Smile
I believe in these guys!
(05-21-2013, 11:18 PM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]Someone's working on properly reverse-engineering and emulating the Zelda µcode right now, with delroth's assistance. Just be patient. <3
Oh? I didn't know they were already working on that (or that it would even be possible to fix at this point), that's great to know! I knew that work had been done on HLE recently for certain games, but I didn't know they would be able to fix the problems with the Galaxy series and other games with similar problems (at least not so soon). My only wonder is whether the eventual fix will end up having the effect of also slowing down HLE any.

I'm guessing though that a major purpose of getting HLE working with these games is so they don't require a PC as fast as LLE needs. I'm aware that my current CPU isn't up to snuff regardless of whether HLE or LLE is used in these games, but i'm planning on getting an Ivy Bridge or Haswell CPU sometime in the near future. And it would be really cool if Dolphin didn't require such a high overclock for these games (lower than the current recommended 4.2ghz, maybe even below 4ghz). Is this going to be possible?
Pages: 1 2