Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will dolphin get better?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I realise that there are many fps issues, and everyone is download various programs, doing various tricks, overclocking, and stressing there cpu to get the program to run half to 3/4 decent, will there be a time when We can run dolphin smoothly with no fps issues? how long might this take?
nope, it will never get better. might as well just quit coming to the website/forums 123mac123
Eat my shit
Ofcourse it will be better but don't expect to run at fullspeed with crappy hardware. Btw watch your words.
your right, i wouldnt call my harware crappy, but I cant overclock to 4.0 ghz, Im currently at 2.3
A good hint how dolphin might be in the future is pcsx2. Well, i believe dolphin will oudistance pscx2 in time.
With new revs almost coming out everyday why would you need to ask this? o.o
(07-24-2009, 03:08 PM)123mac123 Wrote: [ -> ]your right, i wouldnt call my harware crappy, but I cant overclock to 4.0 ghz, Im currently at 2.3

i dont think a 2,3ghz athlon xp is fast enough for dolphin...
i KNOW a 2,3ghz athlon64x2 isn't fast enough for dolphin... (i used to have an athlon64x2 5000+BE @ 3,2Ghz... still wasnt fast enough!)

i think you need a 3+ghz core2duo or 3+ghz phenom2 to run it at descent speed.

i cant test it atm because i run my phenom2 with 3,4Ghz only with onboard radeon HD3300 at the moment... i just bought a radeon HD4770 on ebay for 72€ (very very nice price xD)
Maybe this weekend it is here, so i can tell you if a phenom2 @ 3,4Ghz is fast enough. (i think for most games it will be)
(07-24-2009, 02:21 PM)123mac123 Wrote: [ -> ]Eat my shit

well its a rather obvious answer, and i sure as hell hope it wont be like pcsx2 because i tried it and i was like wtf hax?!?! Tongue
lol.

PCSX2 runs pretty fast now, depending on the game, and config, and hack used. Remember, the PS2 had a very strange design compared to say the Xbox or GameCube, and is not as easy to emulate.

I think he's meaning, will a magical fix every come along, kinda like PCSX2 Playground that came out, or forcing games to use DX10 in PCSX2 caused a speed up of 40+FPS in XenoSaga. Things like that.

Currently, this runs really fast for me, and I can imagine it'll only get better as it's worked on more. Sometimes you stumble onto things that are like a miracle, such as the DX10 miracle for PCSX2, speeding up some games more than double.

I dunno if Dolphin will have such things, but I believe that is what he's asking. Two years ago, a 2.4GHZ Dual Core processor would have been to slow to run FFX full speed, now it's the recommended for it.(Down from 3.0GHZ to 2.4GHZ)
Pages: 1 2 3