Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SSBB without sensor bar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello dear friends, i would like to ask 3 things:
• Super smash bros brawl rum without Wii sensor bar and just with xbox360 controller?
• that Project 64 really run n64 games in full HD ?
• have any way of running zelda link to the past Snes version with good resolution in a 47" TV with quality?
Thanks, from Brazil.
(05-13-2013, 04:52 AM)rafael Wrote: [ -> ]• Super smash bros brawl rum without Wii sensor bar and just with xbox360 controller?

Yes, you don't need the pointer for this game. You can also just configure an emulated GC controller (and leave emulated Wiimotes alone) and the game will run just fine.

(05-13-2013, 04:52 AM)rafael Wrote: [ -> ]• that Project 64 really run n64 games in full HD ?

Yes, PJ64 can play in full HD (1920x1080 and above). I think some plugins support arbitrary resolutions as well.

(05-13-2013, 04:52 AM)rafael Wrote: [ -> ]• have any way of running zelda link to the past Snes version with good resolution in a 47" TV with quality?

There are tons of ways. If you want you can just use the Virtual Console version (on a real Wii or a computer hooked up to Dolphin). You can also use various other emulators (like SNES9x or mednafen) running on a computer to use scaling filters like HQ4X. You will still have to deal with the difference in aspect ratio if your TV is widescreen, either by adding black bars or simply dealing with stretching 4:3 content to 16:9. It really depends on what type of "quality" you're looking for (smooth pixels? accurate like a real SNES with scanlines? accurate colors? etc).
Wowww, really thanks friend..

So, zeldas majoras and ocarina will run in full HD? IT is wonderfull, project64 do like dolphins so?

About link to the past, i would like to play it with the Best you recomend me, i believe in your choise, please show me project64 and zeldas links..

Thanks
Yes, PJ64 has the ability to control the "Internal Resolution" as it's called in Dolphin. It will render a 3D scene at a higher resolution than the N64's.

About A Link to the Past, it's really all about personal preference. I like to use pixel scaling techniques, such as the HQ filters. Others like to use linear scaling, nearest neighbor scaling, or even scanlines to get a classic CRT TV look. What's "best" depends on your taste.

You can get the latest PJ64 version from their website here. However, many people have had issues with 2.1, so you may be better off with 1.7 (google will help you find this one) or 1.6. You'll of course have to dump your own games for Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past (this is very easy if you have the Virtual Consoles for both already on your Wii).
I don't see why anyone would want to use 1.7
(05-13-2013, 05:25 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why anyone would want to use 1.7

Sure. 1.6 is better Tongue
2 more questions:

• what about zelda ocarine and Master Quest gamecube version?

• dolhpin do not upgrade all gc and Wii games graphics ? Why? I tryed to play four swords and snk X capcom 2 and graphics looks terribleeee

Thanks
rafael Wrote:• what about zelda ocarine and Master Quest gamecube version?

It has some issues, but you should be able to play it alright in Dolphin. See the wiki page here: http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...ster_Quest

Alternatively, there is a way to extract the N64 ROMs from the GC ISO, so you can play them in an N64 emulator if you wanted to.

rafael Wrote:• dolhpin do not upgrade all gc and Wii games graphics ? Why? I tryed to play four swords and snk X capcom 2 and graphics looks terribleeee

Not all games are 3D. Scaling the Internal Resolution merely stretches the textures that make up 2D sprites. Dolphin has some texture filtering, but nothing on the level of applying scaling filters like HQ4x or SuperEagle.
(05-14-2013, 03:34 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
' Wrote:• what about zelda ocarine and Master Quest gamecube version?

It has some issues, but you should be able to play it alright in Dolphin. See the wiki page here: http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...ster_Quest

Alternatively, there is a way to extract the N64 ROMs from the GC ISO, so you can play them in an N64 emulator if you wanted to.

' Wrote:• dolhpin do not upgrade all gc and Wii games graphics ? Why? I tryed to play four swords and snk X capcom 2 and graphics looks terribleeee

Not all games are 3D. Scaling the Internal Resolution merely stretches the textures that make up 2D sprites. Dolphin has some texture filtering, but nothing on the level of applying scaling filters like HQ4x or SuperEagle.
sHONUMI, I FOUND AN SNES EMULATOR CALLED SNES9X. IT REALLY AWESOME, THE GRAPHICS FROM ZELDA LINK TO THE PAST REALLY TRANSFORMED IN 500% BETTER WITH THE VÍDEO SOURCE HQ4X AND DIRECTDRAW.... REALLY AMAZING..

CAN YOU TELL ME IF THIS GAMES FUNCTION WITHOUT WII SENSOR BAR TOO?

DONKEY KONG RETURNS, MARIO KART WII, ZELDA SKYWARD.

AND CAN YOU TELL ME WHATS THE BEST MARIO PARTY OF ALL TIME? NO MATTER IF ITS FROM GC OR WII, I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY IN 4 PLAYERS HERE IN MY HOUSE,, ITS HARD TO RUN IN MY HARDWARE?

REALLY THANKS FRIEND,,

* SORRY FOR CAPS LOCK **
(05-15-2013, 09:30 AM)rafael Wrote: [ -> ]CAN YOU TELL ME IF THIS GAMES FUNCTION WITHOUT WII SENSOR BAR TOO?

DONKEY KONG RETURNS, MARIO KART WII, ZELDA SKYWARD.

A sensor bar is recommended for Zelda Skyward Sword
Pages: 1 2 3