Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Smash Bros. Melee - Low Framerate Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

TotalSynthesisX

I'm having some problems getting Melee to run fast enough. It seems to only run at 50-65% the speed it's supposed to (30-40 FPS), and I'm wondering if there's a way to fix that or if my laptop is just too slow to run it at the correct speed. I have no problem with graphical quality, just speed. Also, I want to make it clear that I'm just a n00b asking for help, not an idiot asking for insults. Keep that sh*t to yourself. Thanks.

Below are images of (what I think is) all the necessary information.

[Image: specs_zpsf7f42162.png]
[Image: melee_zps475c5463.png]
CPU type and the speed at which it runs matters most here, yours is too slow.

TotalSynthesisX

(05-05-2013, 11:12 PM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]CPU type and the speed at which it runs matters most here, yours is too slow.
Noted. Do you know of any certain laptop brands/models that can run it at the appropriate speed? I may be upgrading soon. If you don't know of any, that's fine. I can do my own research if need be.
Look at those laptop that have the same hardware/equivalent hardware as this one
Or, just grab that one and stop looking. Tongue
My laptop runs that game full speed with 2xIR, so if your budget is low look at my sig. i3 3120m, i3 3110m, and i3 2370m are the bare minimum for Dolphin, however, using HLE I haven't found a game that doesn't run full speed on my computer yet Smile (The last story, Xenoblade, SMG will not run on my laptop, though. I don't need to even try Wink)
Your laptop is too slow for most game except light-weight games , don't give him false hope !
Although Melee is a light-weight game but multiplayers are very demanding . I bet you can't even hold 30FPS with 2 real players (human)
Well, I haven't done multiplayer yet Tongue. Anyway, I'm not giving him false hope, just saying that all the games I've tried are full speed so far. The games I've played are The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Pokémon Colosseum, Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, Lego Star Wars 1 and 2, Wave Race: Blue Storm, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, and Mario Kart Double Dash. On Double Dash time trials are full speed and Grand Prix are playable 75-85%. All other games are consistent full speed, at 1.5-2xIR and 4xAF. That's good enough for me, and should be for him.
I'm pretty sure even my laptop have FPS drops (45FPS) with single player - Melee .
Quote:that game full speed with 2xIR
Since there is FPS drops on some scenes , I really doubt your statement . You may not play the game for a long period of time
Well I have only done the easy classic mode and went through the whole thing and got Jigglypuff, so I had no frame drops there. I mean it would go to 98% sometimes but that's pretty much full speed. And I meant 1.5xIR sorry I haven't tried that game on 2xIR. Also I'm using 3.5, so if you use a later revision it will be a lot more demanding than mine.
Pages: 1 2 3