Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: V-Sync...and other questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyway for V-Sync to not make the game feel like it's running in slow mo?

Here's my issue, my FPS is well over 200FPS without the limiter on in most games, but I can limit it to 60 using the Limiter or just the sound plugin.

Though if I enable V-Sync, to stop screen tearing.(Lots of it really, hard to ignore, and it looks smooth as silk @ 60FPS.)

V-Sync suddenly makes it look like it's at 30-40FPS, though the counter still says 60FPS. So basically, it seems V-Sync is REALLY causing something to muck up. I've tried turning the FPS limiter off and the Sound plugin limit off, then using V-Sync, just to troubleshoot and no avail.

Is there no way I can use it without this strange slowdown, despite FPS being exactly the same? I have a 24'' LCD and without V-Sync, tearing is god-awful, I don't understand why if it's locked @ 60FPS I still get tearing, but I do, and with V-Sync, the tearing goes away, but seems slow-mo, despite FPS being the same.

Also, I'm trying to put the gmae on my second monitor, as it's smaller, a CRT, and doesn't have tearing, it was my one idea to help if I can't run it with V-Sync, but the game freezes up everytime I move it to my second monitor. the D3D Plugin doesn't seem to work for ToS, it seems.

It's tales of Symphonia. So far I've had a few crashes here and there, but I've read nothing you can do about that. Sound is a little scratchy at times, but hey, Emu's take time to perfect. Tongue

Anyways, thank you for any help rendered.
is it a pal game? If so, that's why.
No, it's NTSC.
hmm, that's odd.
What is your monitor's refresh rate? It should be 60hz or higher if you are playing NTSC games. Try changing your monitor refresh rate.
It's 60HZ, the max my Monitor can go. It's an LCD.
Do you experience the tearing in 3D apps other than Dolphin as well?
Yes, tearing is in all other applications. I need to use V-Sync for all of them to solve it.
That problem has a root somewhere within the settings of NVCP or Catalyst (depending on which card you have) methinks. Although... you look smart enough to have checked there yourself already.
Hmm, could triple buffering, which I have enabled globally across my NVIDIA control panel have any effect?

Are you guys sure it's not a normal issue with V-Sync? I know PCSX2 has issues with V-Sync cutting the FPS in half and recommended not to use, and for some reason, theirs doesn't tear as much for me. I'm not sure, I always regret getting this monitor, LCD's have terrible tearing. Tongue
Pages: 1 2