Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: V-Sync...and other questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This has been an issue with Dolphin for the last hundred revisions or so, enabling Vsync and/or Anti-Aliasing causes extreme lag in some games, stuttering and skipping in other games.

It is recommended not to use these options until developers can at least sort out this problems, I was hoping this problem would of been fixed by now since Nolan said he was going to work on it when he returned on July 9th.

Besides this problem, the frame rate counter whether you are using the built in FPS counter in the OpenGL plugin or something like Fraps, has been highly inaccurate for several revisions now.
Urk, that's annoying. I can deal without V-Sync, I suppose...

So the FPS counter isn't accurate? Hmm...I see, well in the starting town & battle, it always seems very fluent and I can notice FPS drops really easily...haven't noticed on in combat, but world map does look 10-13 FPS lower.

Well, I guess I'll hold off for abit, maybe the 4xxx revisions will have V-Sync fixed. It really breaks immersion when you see lines going through characters randomly during fast scenes.

Thank you.
Yeah, FPS counter is borked. If you'll read Iulius and Caco's discussion on the Watchdog thread, you'll know what I'm talking about.
nolan.check didn't fix his stuff from 3545 yet.
(07-25-2009, 06:04 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]nolan.check didn't fix his stuff from 3545 yet.

Ah, that's where the problem is rooted. It was certainly a lengthy commit.
Why dolphin has no triple buffer?Huh
Triple buffering would be a great option.Smile
Pages: 1 2