Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Wave Race Blue Strom Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

I have a problem with this game it's not work, i would say that the game runs a loop in which it is blocked.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=91]

If I press pause in the debug menu and I skip two or three times I get that.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=93][Image: attachment.php?aid=94]
Nobody have an idea
(04-02-2009, 06:45 AM)val532 Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody have an idea

Since the DTK music (i.e. playing tracks of the disc like a CD player) works poorly in the menus. One could try to fix that and see what happens. Perhaps it wont fix the game, but if it doesn't at least the DTK music will work when someone fixes the game. So it's not a lost cause in any case.
J_P it's been a long time since I've seen you on the Dolphin forums. Are you still doing any Dolphin dev work?
I hope John can do something, or at least it can be solved the problem of music in 1080°.
(06-02-2009, 11:47 PM)jasong Wrote: [ -> ]J_P it's been a long time since I've seen you on the Dolphin forums. Are you still doing any Dolphin dev work?

Sure, any time I can. I'm most curious to see why Wave Race, StarFox Adventure and Punch Out doesn't work.

(06-03-2009, 01:38 AM)val532 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope John can do something, or at least it can be solved the problem of music in 1080°.

I looked at the DTK issue but can only see that the game reads AI_CONTROL_REGISTER three times before stopping the sound (setting PSTAT to 0 and sending a new dvdMem.AudioPos through DVDInterface ExecuteCommand 0xe1 AUDIOSTREAM) and then starting it again (setting PSTAT to 1). This happens every second or so. It's the same in 1080°. I can't see why this would occur. Can there be something with AIINTMSK, AIINT or AIINTVLD that is not updated correctly?

The only game I have compared Wave Race and 1080° with is Crazy Taxi. Do you know of any other game that has working DTK music?

It is possible to hack the music back to working by ignoring restarts of the same music stream for example (dvdMem.Command[2] != dvdMem.AudioLength and something similar in AI_CONTROL_REGISTER(W)). But that doesn't make Wave Race work.
For 1080° I noticed that music was correctly read just before the loading screen, as if between the time left on the menu and appears when the loading screen the bug no longer existed.
(06-04-2009, 09:01 PM)val532 Wrote: [ -> ]For 1080° I noticed that music was correctly read just before the loading screen, as if between the time left on the menu and appears when the loading screen the bug no longer existed.

Okay, I see. But I think I found the problem now. Someone had already tried to fix this with the 'm_bStream' functions in DVDInterface. The Wave Race and 1080 music works if you uncomment that. But then Crazy Taxi hangs. I commited some test code to fix the music in revision 3,326. It doesn't seem to be 100% reliable tough, when a 1080 lap ended the same music looped several times and the Dolphin crashed. The crash may not have been directly related to the incorrect looping however because the next time it didn't crash.

I guess the Wave Race problem could be in DVDInterface and perhaps related to the AudioInterface music in some way. Because when I did not turn off DVDInterface::m_bStream when the music was stopped Crazy Taxi locked up as it was starting or stopping music, apparently because of code in DVDInterface related to dvdMem.Immediate. So I guess Wave Race may lock up because of some DVDInterface code too.
it's work for me on 1080° but dolphin crash at the third race (at the end) and crazy taxy work fine

edit : but wave race dos not work
I don't understand this game work or not because on official Dolphin site we can see this video :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A1ZGPgW5VU
Pages: 1 2 3