Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: wanna buy a new pc !!! help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi, i wanna buy a new pc so i can run bf 4 and upcoming games, but i wanna also run dolphin smoothly ! what pc should i get please ?

is this one okey ? http://www.surcou.ma/surcou/pc-portables...-nx-1.html
What games do you want to play? Generally though if you want dolphin to run "smoothly" get a desktop. If you don't need full speed all the time that laptop will be fine assuming it stays cool and turbo boosts.
Do you have to have a laptop? Desktop are generally better

Edit: ninja'd
(04-16-2013, 08:49 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have to have a laptop? Desktop are generally better

Edit: ninja'd
well pretty much yeah :/ just check the config below please ^^
No sensible laptop will play all playable dolphin games. You need a $800 desktop PC, or a $3000 desktop-replacement 'laptop', which would be to heay to use on your lap anyway.
okey well is a Processeur Intel® Core™ i7-3230M (2.2Ghz/3.2Ghz Turbo, 6M Cache), gpu NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT 730M 4 b memory, ram 16 go fine ?
For the second time. What games do you want to play? Read my first post.
ah sorry Smile well, zelda skyword sword and mario galaxy ( i know the 2 most dificcult games in dolphin ) >< i'm not looking for the perfect state either ...
If the cpu stays cool enough to turbo SS should be playable but you will likely experience slowdowns. SMG would probably not be playable, in my opinion. You will not be able to use dsp LLE so you will experience audio cutting out and likely random crashes. If you save often and don't mind the audio stoping after a few minutes of game play then you may consider it playable.

Edit: Oh yeah. In case you don't know fps drops for emulated games is different than pc games. You may well feel a pc game is perfectly playable in the 30 to 40 fps range but on dolphin the game will literally be running in slow motion, assuming a 60 fps game. SMG at 45 fps is unbearable. Anything less than 55 fps will cause the audio to studder very annoyingly or be time stretched.
The name "i7 3230M" does not exist in Intel Product List
Either i5 3230M or i7 3632QM is the correct name
Intel i7 series : i7 35xxM(dual core) , i7 36xxQM (quad core) , i7 37xxQM , i7 38xxQM , i7 39xxXM(extreme edition)
If you want to play Mario Galaxy full speed with LLE back end , you have to buy a gaming laptop that has either i7 3920XM or i7 3940XM and overclock to 4.2GHz
Pages: 1 2