Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Nothing works anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I have quite a problem here. Since revision 3.5-1160 or so, I'm not able anymore to play Wii Games on
Dolphin because they lag extremely, just running at 30 % and lower. I have 3.5-1173 and use the default settings and Direct3D9,
when I switch to Direct3D11, I can play some games at about 50 %.

Was anything big changed on Dolphin? When I use the stable 3.5, everything is perfectly fine!

Thank you for your help!
Find the exact revision that had the change please.

Also, I know it's in your profile, but putting specs here would be nice...
Dolphin may occasionally get slower when accuracy is improved, but in your case it sounds like some setting was changed, like dual core disabled, or some graphics settings are too high. If you still have the old version, you can compare the settings (or just put the settings file in the new version).

Not 100% sure, but maybe DSP LLE was set to default, check the audio settings and set it to HLE.
Nvidia GPU's probably not kicking in or some shit - set Dolphin to use your dedicated GPU ("high performance" mode or whatever) in your Nvidia driver settings. (Also use the "Hacked Buffer Upload" option in Graphics > Hacks, I hear it helps on Nvidia GPUs.)
I found the revisions which cause problems: On 3.5-1164, everything's still alright. Then on 3.5-1165, I
get multiple error messages when I try to maximise the window after starting a game. It first says "Invalid Call", then it says
some very long error messages about frame buffers and finally "Failed to create D3D vertex declaration",
afterwards, Dolphin crashes. Then, on 3.5-1166, the extreme lag occurs.

I have this problems with Direct9. If I use Direct11 and choose my NVidia card, I get "Failed to enumerate output"
and Dolphin crashes. The Hacked Buffer Upload option doesn't help. If I use the default option for the graphic card, I can play at about 50 %.

The settings are all on default. The Accuracy is on Fast. I usually change the resolution to Auto (Window Size) but regardless of what option
I choose there, I get this extreme lag. LLE isn't on by default, it's still HLE.

The description of 3.5-1165 says "Adds support for PE performance metrics in the D3D9 backend". Could this be the problem?

I hope I can help you with that.
-Hacked Buffer Upload only affects OpenGL. Thought you were using GL, my bad. Why not try OpenGL anyway, see how it runs? The description saying it's the "slowest" might not be accurate anymore.
-Rodolfo broke something? How unsurprising. If the issue still exists on the latest revision, file an issue here, would you kindly? https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/list
-DX11's failing on your Nvidia card? Did you do the thing I mentioned before with the driver settings? Also try increasing the Texture Cache Accuracy, I hear that helps in some cases (but have never actually been able to confirm it :P).
If I use Open GL, the emulation speed goes down to 15 %, so it's completely unplayable.
Hacked Buffer Upload or changing the Accuracy don't make it faster. Choosing my NVidia card actually
works but it's still on 15 %...

I tried 3.5-1180, the problem is still there. I can post an issue.
My issue was deleted... Thank you very much for your help... Isn't there anything I could do?
Use the latest development build -> http://dolphin-emu.org/download/

That's something you should always do. If you're running a game and you have an issue, make sure you're using the latest. Don't post issues or claim that something is broken unless that first step was taken. As far as the issue you posted, I don't remember seeing it.
I can assure you that I certainly did use the latest build. Yesterday, it was 1180 all the time and now it's
1192. I didn't see that there's a new one already. But also in this revision, my problem occurs. I downloaded
the build and just started a Wii game without changing any settings and the emulation speed is at 50 %
with D3D11 and at 30 % with D3D9. With OpenGL, it even cuts down to 15 %, making playing a Wii game
impossible. I tried it on some Mario games and Brawl. There definitely is an issue, so I don't know why my
issue report disappeared from the list. It was issue 6129.
Pages: 1 2