Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: can the ATI cards run dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

hatemsobhy

hi everyone
im going to buy an ATI card and i want to know if i can play the Wii and Gamecube Games with it
i was playing SSBB with Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS 512MB and i run it with zero AA and 4X AF. i play the game with 35 to 40 FPS and sometime it goes up to 50. i am going to buy an ATI HD4650 512 MB DDR3 powercolor and i want to know what setting can i run SSBB with it and how many FPS can i get
thanks and sorry for bad English
yes, ati cards do run it, you should get full fps because i get awesome speeds with a 9600m gt

hatemsobhy

thank you
(07-20-2009, 10:01 PM)hatemsobhy Wrote: [ -> ]thank you

A side note, use older drivers, im not sure but i think 2.3 is the one you want. this is because of a memory leak in newer drivers
(07-20-2009, 10:10 PM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]

A side note, use older drivers, im not sure but i think 2.3 is the one you want. this is because of a memory leak in newer drivers

that would be 9.3
(07-20-2009, 10:11 PM)MenaceInc Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2009, 10:10 PM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]

that would be 9.3

Sorry, like i sadi im not sure i remember .3 Tongue
The video card doesn't make any difference as far as speed goes, what matters is how fast your cpu(s) are. You do need a decent video card to run Dolphin, but you won't get any speed gain from it as of yet. I did post a feature request that Dolphin should actually use our video cards to gain speed, but who knows if it will happen.
(07-21-2009, 12:26 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]The video card doesn't make any difference as far as speed goes, what matters is how fast your cpu(s) are. You do need a decent video card to run Dolphin, but you won't get any speed gain from it as of yet. I did post a feature request that Dolphin should actually use our video cards to gain speed, but who knows if it will happen.

Video card speed does matter actually, if you crank up the antialiasing and anistropic filtering all the way you can get lag, however the cpu is the most important
Bah. Forget the 4650. Spend the little few extra bucks and get the 4670. 40-50% increase in performance for a lot of games and only costs 10 bucks more or so.
Or a 4770.
Pages: 1 2