Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xenoblade freezes trying to load New Game+ ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I finished the game and afterward it prompts you to create a new file to use as the starting point for New Game Plus. I did so, but every time I try to load it up the game seems to freeze. The emulator doesn't freeze...I can still make/load savestates and otherwise interact with it normally, but the game refuses to load New Game+. The Monado animation that plays during the load screen just stops and nothing else happens. I can load my other saves normally, and if I try to load my NG+ save while in-game on one of these other files, again the game just freezes and the music loops as if the emulator froze (but it didn't). This is with version 3.5.

Very strange. I tried using version 3.0-72 (The HLE fix) and this popped up while trying to load NG+:

ERROR: Trying to compile at 0, LR=80097 cd8

And then the emulator crashed.

What's going on?
Try the new-ax-hle branch or try using LLE audio. If it's an audio issue, one of those will fix it.
(04-02-2013, 06:24 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]Try the new-ax-hle branch or try using LLE audio. If it's an audio issue, one of those will fix it.
Yeah, I tried switching to LLE in 3.5 to no avail.
Have you tried the latest versions yet?
As paul said, you can also try the new-ax-hle builds which have a lot of audio fixes applied to it. You might not need the ancient 3.0 build with the patch anymore.

Could you upload your save files so I can check it on my end?
(04-02-2013, 07:18 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the latest versions yet?
As paul said, you can also try the new-ax-hle builds which have a lot of audio fixes applied to it. You might not need the ancient 3.0 build with the patch anymore.

Could you upload your save files so I can check it on my end?
I downloaded the latest new-ax-hle build and it still won't load that save.

Uh, I tried attaching the save files but the forums give me an error saying that filetype isn't allowed. I tried zipping them into a RAR and that isn't allowed either. I also used "Export Wii Save (Experimental)" and tried to upload THAT file, same thing. What should I do?
Upload it to a filehost such as MediaFire, Skydrive, etc, and post the link here.
You should right-click the game in Dolphin and open the Wii Save Folder. RAR the file in there and upload that.
(04-02-2013, 09:13 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Upload it to a filehost such as MediaFire, Skydrive, etc, and post the link here.
You should right-click the game in Dolphin and open the Wii Save Folder. RAR the file in there and upload that.
ok, this should be it: http://www.mediafire.com/?apog7as1wa6j4ws

Save 1 should be the NG+ file.
Those saves are empty saves. They're 'dummy' files that get created when you start the game.
There's nothing on them. Are you sure you uploaded the correct saves?
You might've forgotten to copy over the saves to the new-ax-hle build and then rar'd the ones in the new build which got created after you tried to load the game.
(04-03-2013, 05:54 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Those saves are empty saves. They're 'dummy' files that get created when you start the game.
There's nothing on them. Are you sure you uploaded the correct saves?
You might've forgotten to copy over the saves to the new-ax-hle build and then rar'd the ones in the new build which got created after you tried to load the game.
Well I'm not sure where to get the correct files then. After starting Dolphin (new-ax-hle), I right-click on the game and go to "Open Wii Save folder" and those are the files it shows me, along with a banner.bin. The two non-NG+ saves still load fine when I'm in the game. Where would the correct files be?
(04-03-2013, 09:33 AM)sovereign110 Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'm not sure where to get the correct files then. After starting Dolphin (new-ax-hle), I right-click on the game and go to "Open Wii Save folder" and those are the files it shows me, along with a banner.bin. The two non-NG+ saves still load fine when I'm in the game. Where would the correct files be?

Post a copy of your Wii folder
Pages: 1 2