Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xenoblade freezes trying to load New Game+ ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, here's my Dolphin folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/?swpo2a0m1upm917

The EXE I use is the one in the Dolphin folder, but within there I also have folders with a few other versions of Dolphin. When switching between versions I was told I just need to replace the EXE, so if I had to switch versions I just took the EXE from one of the subfolders and replaced the one in the main Dolphin folder.

Most of it is the exact same as I've been using it on my PC, but to keep the filesize down I removed the following:

1) The custom HD textures for Xenoblade, I doubt those were causing the problem and that's 300 MB you aren't forced to download from Mediafire Tongue I haven't been loading Custom Textures while I've been trying to troubleshoot the NG+ problem anyway.
2) The savestates, those are 30MB each and I doubt they were causing issues either. Just to be thorough, I tried loading the NG+ file anyway after deleting the savestates and it still wouldn't work.
First I'd like to apologize. Due to my stupid mistake I must have accidentally mistaken my dummy files with yours. Your xenosaves.rar has the correct save files. Thanks for taking the time to upload your whole folder though.
The new-hle-ax build also froze the game on loading the first save for me, but it seems like your configuration files were the culprit. You should let Dolphin remake the configuration after updating from an old version to a new version.

The first save is not the cleared save file. It's just a (possibily corrupted) save file made by the game itself. I can't load it either. Loading it just takes me back to the titlescreen.

A cleared save file ready for NG+ has a crown on it.

You'll have to redo the final battle again. (Should be no problem with lvl 99's Tongue)

Quote:2) The savestates, those are 30MB each and I doubt they were causing issues either. Just to be thorough, I tried loading the NG+ file anyway after deleting the savestates and it still wouldn't work.
Savestates won't interfere at all. I did notice you only have Tales of Symphonia savestates in your folders.
Alright, I got it to work Big Grin . I basically did a "clean install" of the new-ax-hle build and just imported my saves, went and killed the final boss again, and I was able to transfer to NG+ normally.

After you kill the final boss, the game prompts you to select all the items you'd like to carry over, and then prompts you to make a save file for NG+ before letting you go back to the title screen to Continue from that file and starting NG+. Doing that in my old install did create the save file, but without the crown you mentioned, and I guess the file was corrupted somehow. Using the clean install, the save file had the crown and it loaded NG+ normally. So I guess whatever was wrong with my configuration wasn't allowing the game to properly create the NG+ file. Huh

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it seems the new-ax-hle build itself doesn't give me the best sound for Xenoblade. All other settings being equal (as far as I can tell), the sound pops and crackles like crazy during battles and in general when lots of stuff is happening, far more than I've noticed with older builds. I've even tried playing with lower graphical settings but it still happens.
(04-03-2013, 10:07 PM)sovereign110 Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Forgot to mention, it seems the new-ax-hle build itself doesn't give me the best sound for Xenoblade. All other settings being equal (as far as I can tell), the sound pops and crackles like crazy during battles and in general when lots of stuff is happening, far more than I've noticed with older builds. I've even tried playing with lower graphical settings but it still happens.
If the game is running full speed try setting frame limit to audio. If the game is not running full speed you can use open al to stretch the audio instead of having the stutter.
(04-03-2013, 11:21 PM)Xalphenos Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2013, 10:07 PM)sovereign110 Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Forgot to mention, it seems the new-ax-hle build itself doesn't give me the best sound for Xenoblade. All other settings being equal (as far as I can tell), the sound pops and crackles like crazy during battles and in general when lots of stuff is happening, far more than I've noticed with older builds. I've even tried playing with lower graphical settings but it still happens.
If the game is running full speed try setting frame limit to audio. If the game is not running full speed you can use open al to stretch the audio instead of having the stutter.
Hm, I set it to Audio and was still having issues, so I went back into the config/graphics options to mess around some more. Seems like when I switched to the "clean" new-ax-hle version I just mindlessly set all the options to what I was using in older versions when I was trying to get the game to run properly. Seems some of the Hacks I had enabled in older versions were causing the extreme audio stuttering so I disabled them and now the game's running much better. Hopefully this new version eliminates the perpetually-crackling audio problem the old HLE Fix version did and minimizes the amount of time the game freezes too Cool

EDIT: After a couple hours of playing, the sound does indeed start to get that constant static-y crackling sound, requiring a restart to fix. I suppose it's not the biggest deal, at least it hasn't frozen on me yet Tongue
Pages: 1 2