Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Master branch New Wii AX HLE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Qaazavaca Qaanic

Does the maste'r' branch have' a' working N'e'w AX HLE for' Wii ga'mes? I know it ha's GC support, b'ut I read' somewhere in an old post th'at it do'esn't work with ''Wii yet.
I know fo''r sure that the New AX 'HLE' ma'in b'ranch doe''s' have' a Wii version', does the olde'r versio' in master work as' of t'he cu'rrent version?

apostrophedits
No, only AX GC was reimplemented in master. I'm currently working on AX Wii.
What is AX HLE?
AX HLE is shorthand around here for the new-ax-hle branch. It's a rewrite of the old DSP HLE code delroth made for games that use the AX ucode (microcode). Most games use this ucode to process their sound, so HLE audio on AX ucode games has improved thanks to delroth's efforts. Currently, as he said before, only GC games are affected since work on AXWii is still ongoing; the new-ax-hle branch was merged as of 3.5-77 IIRC, so any recent revision from master has his changes.

For further information, see here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gre...ing-thread

Qaazavaca Qaanic

Is the New-AX-HLE branch stable enough for playing Wii games well, or are there sill major bugs EVERYWHERE? Or are there a few games not compatible with it?
There are some small audio glitches happening pretty often because my polyphase resampler is buggy. Some early Wii games (Wii Sports for example) also won't work at all.

I'm not really interested in any bug reports at the moment either - I already have a lot of stuff to fix. I'll open a thread in the Development Discussion forum when I consider this branch usable for the public, then you can report any bug you find.
(03-31-2013, 01:55 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]There are some small audio glitches happening pretty often because my polyphase resampler is buggy. Some early Wii games (Wii Sports for example) also won't work at all.

I'm not really interested in any bug reports at the moment either - I already have a lot of stuff to fix. I'll open a thread in the Development Discussion forum when I consider this branch usable for the public, then you can report any bug you find.
I read something in the link that Shonumi posted for me, that Mario and Zelda games won't be improved by this ax hle .. Is that right? If not could make tests with some games if you want ..
Especially Mario Kart Double Dash is a thorn in my eye -.*
Rather than "Mario and Zelda" games, it's more accurate to say GC and Wii games made by Nintendo EAD, i.e. games that use the Zelda ucode. MK-DD is one of them. The new-ax-hle branch (and the merge) should not affect these games, afaik. No work on fixing HLE for the Zelda ucode is currently underway in Dolphin.
Except that's not true either: Wii Sports was made by Nintendo EAD and uses AXWii, same with Skyward Sword (AXWii), same with NSMBW, and probably even more games.
(03-31-2013, 04:28 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Except that's not true either: Wii Sports was made by Nintendo EAD and uses AXWii, same with Skyward Sword (AXWii), same with NSMBW, and probably even more games.

You misunderstand me. I said it was more accurate than just Mario and Zelda games, since Pikmin, AC, Pacman VS, and others use the Zelda ucode. Note, however that I did not say all of the games developed by Nintendo EAD. I tried to clarify this by saying "i.e. Zelda ucode games" since that list is well-known (it's on the DSP ROM dumping guide).
Pages: 1 2 3 4