Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [WiiWare] Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: FF4TA-Logo.jpg]

Information About The Game:

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, released in Japan as Final Fantasy IV the After: Tsuki no Kikan (ファイナルファンタジーIV ジ・アフター -月の帰還-, roughly translated as Return of the Moon), is a sequel to Final Fantasy IV, released in Japan on February 18, 2008. The game was originally released for the NTT Docomo FOMA 903i series of phones, and later released for au EZ Web on May 15, 2008 and Yahoo! Keitai on November 4, 2008. Like the earlier cellphone game Before Crisis -Final Fantasy VII-, this game was released in an episodic format, with a series of thirteen chapters (or nine tales in the American version) from February 18th to December 24, 2008. Executive Producer, Takashi Tokita has stated the game was released this way so that players would anticipate new chapters like an anime or manga series. The feel of the game remains largely similar to Final Fantasy IV, with sprites being used rather than 3D graphics.

The game has been released as WiiWare, in 9 chapters. The base game (consisting of the Prologue, Ceodore's Chapter, and Kain's Chapter) costs 800 points. The Gathering Chapter and both parts of the Final Chapter are also bundled together for 800 points. The other character chapters cost 300 each.

The story is set seventeen years after Final Fantasy IV, and focuses on the return of the second moon.

Emulation Status:

Graphics: [color=#32CD32]Perfect[/color]
Sound: [color=#32CD32]Perfect[/color]
Music: [color=#32CD32]Perfect[/color]
Speed: [color=#32CD32]Perfect[/color]

Testing Specifications Used:

2x ASUS GF8800GT TOP 512mb
Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.4GHz
4x 1GB Kingston HyperX Ram
Windows 7 x64 Build 7600
Dolphin x64 Rev. 3851

Other Information:

All the DLC work, I've tested all of them, including the ones that will be released in August and September but I'm not going to detail how to obtain those since it's illegal.

Using resolution higher than 1024x768 causes weird grid glitch to appear.
Anti-Aliasing blurs the whole game and it's not recommended, same for blinear/trilnear filtering.

Play with Sideways D-Pad enabled or use GC/Classic Controller.

Settings Used And Screenshots Below:

Kreeping_Death

About the DLC; don't mention where to obtain them, but could you explain how to load them with the emulator?

*EDIT* Um, never mind. After a simple forum search, I had my answer. Sorry about that.

Jeffrey19761

hey i dont know ho to do it? i cant find it how to load them in dolphin
In some post its says that you have to use wwpacker to fix 002 or something like that.. it worked for me
But I just play this game in my wii cos 2d games dont seem right with some force billinear (3d games are beautifull in dolphin)
Just do as I recommended, playing without anistrophic filtering, AA and blinear/trilnear gives better quality image in this case. As for the DLCs, I had no problem getting them to work, I simply tried opening them like a normal .wad/.iso but instead of starting it, emulator gave me message that was something like "The content was installed sucessfully" or something like that. Then I simply ran FF4 TAY and it was working flawlessly.

Jeffrey19761

Thank you verry much Weedsmoker it worked perfectly!
Umm this game does not seem to work well on my computer, and the graphics are as crappy as this:

[Image: 24e450o.jpg]

I dunno if there is a solution to this problem...
(12-24-2009, 10:26 AM)Ordlad Wrote: [ -> ]Umm this game does not seem to work well on my computer, and the graphics are as crappy as this:

[snip image]

I dunno if there is a solution to this problem...

There is: use OpenGL. It runs really sluggish (~25FPS) for a 2D game, but there ya go.
Well my computer does not support Open GL, it wont even allow me to enter the menu screen...

[Image: 25atgu1.jpg]

Is there another way to fix it?

Shadowbr2

Hello everybody im a new member here and on this topic im here to ask... HELP can someone pass me the settings to play FFIV TAY on dolphin 2.0 plz i want graphics,emulation, configuration and all. its hard to find those on net.
just if necessary: window xp service pack 3, nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (indeed this one is old),CPU 2.53 GHz, 1 Gb RAM.
plz help want play this epic game.