Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: About to start a texture pack, Need info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm about to start making a UI pack for Samurai Warriors 3, and possibly other wii/GC games. However, i'm not sure where to start as far as setting up Dolphin to do it properly.

For example, i already have dumped some textures. However, i was using the slider between safe and fast. Should i use one over the other? And if yes, Do i need to remake my textures? Or just rename them?

And which backend do i use? I am currently using D3d9, However i read in the latest svn ([color=#000000]1068) that they are moving away from that, Does texture dumping still work in d3d11? or will i forever be stuck with a less developed plugin?[/color]

And if there is anything else i should know that i haven't mentioned please let me know
Quote:For example, i already have dumped some textures. However, i was using the slider between safe and fast. Should i use one over the other? And if yes, Do i need to remake my textures? Or just rename them?
If you dump textures with the accuracy set to safe, then loading those textures will only work with the slider at safe.
Everyone generally has the slider at fast, so unless you have to put it at safe for compatibility reasons, set it to fast.
You'll have to redump your textures everytime you touch the sliders. So make sure you're set on that before you start dumping and retexturing.

Quote: And which backend do i use? I am currently using D3d9, However i read in the latest svn (1068) that they are moving away from that, Does texture dumping still work in d3d11? or will i forever be stuck with a less developed plugin?
Texture dumping will be the same regardless of the back-end.

Sad to see DirectX9 go though...
Thanks for the info. Do you know if there is a texture size limit? I am planning on just inflating the current texture by 3 and then (just above 1080p in most cases) should i go for 4x or higher?

Very new to texturing in general, and have NEVER retextured things.

EDIT: Having an issue with some of the text i remade, it seems to be pulling from the image randomly, Most letters are just black blocks, But it pulls the letters "C" and "F" instead of a which makes no sense to me