Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Suggestions for which game to play next (RPG mostly)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any suggestions for RPGs (or other really good games) that I have play?
So far I have played Xenoblade and The Last Story on Dolphin, but I need more!
I also bought Pandora's Tower, but found it a bit repetitive after 10 hours in. And I have Zelda:TP which i just started.
I have pretty much played any PC RPG there is over the last two decades, but Wii is kinda a unknown territory for me.

Also, I live in EU, so getting ahold of US and JAP releases are not really an option, as getting them shipped will be painful, unless the games are exceptionally good. Also GC games are in very short supply around here, but most should be obtainable if I just use some time to look around I guess.

Other than that, decent compatibility with Dolphin is a must.
Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii)
[Image: 1zd54y0.jpg]
Play Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube. 35~40 hours at least for a full first-time playthrough, interesting story with more than a handful of twists, engaging real-time battles, plenty of sidequests and diversions, character costumes (quite big in the "Tales" series), should have multi-player (I think? TotA did at least), Kratos, game plays perfectly in Dolphin, and there's a Wii sequel if you're interested (not as acclaimed as the original, but worth playing). In short, if you're into JRPGs, you really should check it out unless you have something against the "Tales" series.
Pokémon Colosseum Tongue
Quote:35~40 hours at least for a full first-time playthrough

You mean 60-70, right? Tongue It does have multiplayer, though the camera during battles is really bad at making more than one character visible.

On GC, Skies of Arcadia Legends and Baten Kaitos (+ its sequel) are two other great RPGs.
(03-25-2013, 01:14 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Play Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube. 35~40 hours at least for a full first-time playthrough, interesting story with more than a handful of twists, engaging real-time battles, plenty of sidequests and diversions, character costumes (quite big in the "Tales" series), should have multi-player (I think? TotA did at least), Kratos, game plays perfectly in Dolphin, and there's a Wii sequel if you're interested (not as acclaimed as the original, but worth playing). In short, if you're into JRPGs, you really should check it out unless you have something against the "Tales" series.
Lol, I agree with delroth. It's atleast 60-70 hours long. Even more when you want to 100% the game.
As for your description, I can't believe you didn't even mention the great character development and interaction.

And yes it has multiplayer support for up to 4 players naturally. As delroth pointed out, the camera sucks, but it's great fun nontheless.

But basically yes, Tales of Symphonia is my first recommendation.
If you like the game, you should also check out the "sequel" spin-off: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.
I found it enjoyable myself, but it's nowhere near as good as the first game.

More games for you to explore:

Wii RPGS:
Monster Hunter Tri (don't give up! keep trying Tongue)
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Spectrobes: Origins

GC RPGS:
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Baten Kaitos: Origins
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 PLUS
Thanks for a lot of recommendations! I will look into Tales of Symphonia first I guess!
I'm not scared by long games, so 70 hours is fine.
I'll add a few excellent RPGs on GC:
- Baldur's Gate (Dark Alliance)
- Lost Kingdoms I & II
- Summoner (A Goddess Reborn)

You might also wanna try Rune Factory (Frontier & Tides of Destiny) on Wii.

And there are other ones...
@delroth, Garteal - You guys are slow. :p

My GC save on the Wii has me clocked in at 44:58, and I spent some time doing somethings here and there (not too much, obviously). If you're a completist, then this game very well reaches into higher time frames, but personally I've had longer first playthroughs like Tales of Legendia (PS2) ~ 61 hrs all of it spent on the game's story quests (it's a long game).
Well, I did take like, 2-3 years to complete the game the first time. (Back when I was young and barely understood what was going on. Tongue)
After that I started like 2 more 4 (backlog says 4) playthroughs, so I'm not sure how much time I really spent ingame and forget to take the Play Time reward in the Ex Shop after beating the game.

I just checked how much time I spent in my last playthrough (years ago) and I clocked like 38 hours.

Guess I'll start another one soon. Tongue

(03-26-2013, 01:48 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]but personally I've had longer first playthroughs like Tales of Legendia (PS2) ~ 61 hrs all of it spent on the game's story quests (it's a long game).
My. Another Tales of game I haven't played yet.
Pages: 1 2