Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ASUS U46E?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

zarnyth

Will my ASUS be able to handle Dolphin? i wish to play twilight princess (GC) and Sonic Heroes
i'd like to have it at least to the point where it doesnt take 20 minutes for link to roll and voices dont take 3 mins to be completed

Processor Intel® Core™ i5 2520M/2410M Processor

Chipset
Intel® HM65 Express Chipset

Memory
DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM

Graphic
Integrated Intel® GMA HD

i dont know what else to list this is all just what i gathered from the asus website
Quote: i5 2520M or i5 2410M
Please use "CPU-Z" to give us the exact specs : CPU , GPU (graphic) . i5 2520M and i5 2410M are 2 different CPUs
If your laptop don't have dedicated GPU from Nvidia / AMD , you can expect bad performance with Dolphin

zarnyth

its i5 2410M my graphics says Integrated Intel® GMA HD
With Integrated GPU - Intel HD 3000 (Yes , i'm sure it is Intel HD 3000 , not the GMA HD ) , you should use the lowest settings
Sonic Heroes should play well , not full speed though
Twilight Princess will not play well if you use the correct settings for that game (include "EFB copies to RAM" and LLE back end which are very demanding)

zarnyth

it is the integrated GMA HD sorry lol and i still cant get anything to work
Intel GMA HD is the integrated GPU for 1st generation Intel Core i series
My i5 480M is 1st gen , so it has GMA HD . GMA HD is terrible , it does not meet the minimum GPU requirement for Dolphin
Intel HD 3000 is the integrated GPU for 2nd gen Intel Core i5/i7
i5 2410M is 2nd gen , so it has HD 3000
Quote:and i still cant get anything to work
We can't help you if you don't give any info about your problem
Could You Be More Specific?

zarnyth

uh where to start

it's got a lag of 2

the fps is like 16

audio is slow

game play is slow

i followed all directions from your previous post and still nothing......

im a real techie person so i dont really know what to look for in fixing this problem without a step by step guide
Download Realtemp and run it
Post a screenshot of Realtemp to see what's your CPU clock speed while Dolphin is running
zarnyth Wrote:it's got a lag of 2

What?
I'm assuming he enabled dolphins lag counter :p