Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hey guys, I just bought a new computer, before getting any games I would like to ask if my new computer is strong enough for 60fps Super mario galaxy 1&2, the resident evil games ( Gamecube and Wii) and also the zelda ss.

Here it is:
Intel i5 3350p (3.1-3.3ghz)
8gb Corsair Ram
Ati Radeon 7870 2gb

thanks!
To play Super Mario Galaxy you need at least 4GHz for LLE. You should be able to play it at HLE, however it crashes a lot with HLE so you need to save frequently. The other games should run fine. Are you willing to overclock?
(03-17-2013, 03:19 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]To play Super Mario Galaxy you need at least 4GHz for LLE. You should be able to play it at HLE, however it crashes a lot with HLE so you need to save frequently. The other games should run fine. Are you willing to overclock?
i dont mind overcloking but as far as I know my CPU can´t overclock.. or can it?
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/351673...cked-multi

Follow what it says here and you can raise the clock speed to 3.7GHz. Are you willing to buy a new processor?
(03-17-2013, 03:26 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/351673...cked-multi

Follow what it says here and you can raise the clock speed to 3.7GHz. Are you willing to buy a new processor?
I´ll check this...

I can´t buy a new processor I just bought this one, and its mainly for Pc gaming and this CPU is more than enough for that

Thanks!!
No problem Smile. Super Mario Galaxy will run a lot better than it would at 3.1GHz. Have you tried playing it yet?
(03-17-2013, 03:36 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]No problem Smile. Super Mario Galaxy will run a lot better than it would at 3.1GHz. Have you tried playing it yet?
No not yet... From what iv seen the highest it can go is 3.3ghz with the turbo boost...I dont see any option to overclock it further in the bios... But im a noob.. I need to educate my self in this matter lol.
How much did you get the cpu for? Can you return it? See if you can replace it for a 3570k. really easy to oc to 4.5 ghz if ou have the right cooling. and then wiht your gpu you csn get 60 frames.
4.5GHz is pretty hard to reach on any ivy bridge cpu. 4.2 GHz is considered the easy to reach OC.

@Anazar

If I'm not mistaken you should be able to raise the core multiplier up to 37 on that cpu which will let you reach 3.7 GHz. It will improve your performance by about 10% but you still won't be able to reach fullspeed on SMG 1/2. Still not sure why you bought a P edition cpu.
(03-17-2013, 03:19 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]The other games should run fine

Zelda SS will run fine. But RE games are much more demanding
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5