Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DSP LLE issue & Directx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I searched the forum and found similar issues as mine but not identical (so please let me know if this was solved in any other threads).
First of all, my specs are -
Intel Core i5-2400, 3.1GHz, 6M, VT-x, 95W
4GB, Non-ECC, 1333MHz DDR3
Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX650 2GB DDR5
Windows 7 Professional SP1
1. I've having choppy sounds issues - seems very common on HLE setting (music disappearing for Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, etc.) and after seraching the forums, I'm supposed to use DSP-LLE to fix these issues. I got the 2 files needed from my Wii console using the letterbomb method (4.3U) and placed in the correct dolphin folder. The games are running and although the music seems to stay on constantly now, but the speed of the game has *drastically* decreased. I understand that LLE is demanding, but it's to a point where it's choppy that it seems like the frame is skipping after every second or so. Is this "normal" for my specs? I've viewed other threads and LLE seemed to correct many issues for users, am I doing something wrong? Could I have gotten the files wrong from the Wii console somehow?
2. The audio coming from the Wiimote is very choppy. Is this normal?
3. This may sound like a dumb question, but what's the difference btw running Directx 9 and 11? I see that I should be using Directx 11 for my OS, but I noticed a drop in framerate when I do. Is there an advantage for using 11?
Thank you in advance!
Your CPU is too slow to run the Mario Galaxy games with LLE. You'd need an overclocked i5-2500K near 4.2GHz to get full speed. As far as DX9/DX11, I don't know if there is a right or wrong answer there. Use what works best for you. Most people do say that DX9 is faster, though.
(03-14-2013, 04:33 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is too slow to run the Mario Galaxy games with LLE. You'd need an overclocked i5-2500K near 4.2GHz to get full speed. As far as DX9/DX11, I don't know if there is a right or wrong answer there. Use what works best for you. Most people do say that DX9 is faster, though.
Thank you for the reply Smile
I don't have much knowledge on this so I apologize for asking something so obvious (I'm guessing), but will I be able to OC my current CPU to above specification you had mentioned (i5-2500K near 2.4GHz)?
Also, the fact that I can run the game at LLE setting mean that I did everything accordingly to get the dump files?
Quote:will I be able to OC my current CPU to above specification you had mentioned
Nope , your CPU does not have the "k" for overclocking
(03-14-2013, 08:08 AM)dowonee Wrote: [ -> ]will I be able to OC my current CPU to above specification you had mentioned (i5-2500K near 4.2GHz)?

No you can't. And in any way your 2400 can reach 2500k performance (overclocked or not).

(03-14-2013, 08:08 AM)dowonee Wrote: [ -> ]Also, the fact that I can run the game at LLE setting mean that I did everything accordingly to get the dump files?

Try "VBeam trick": disable Idle Skipping + enable VBeam
I have the same cpu as you and can run SMG2 fullspeed with LLE without any sound skipping 99% of the time.
There are few rare spots where it does drop below 60 fps, but they are very late in the game.

Now, few things I need to point out:

I dont have SMG1. I have no idea how that game performs, it could need 5 ghz i7 I dont know Smile

However, I havent really tested this lately, I think latest dolphin revision I tried and still could archieved fullspeed was 3.5

Vbeam needs to be enabled for speed boost, not as a part of "vbeam trick"

LLE ON THREAD option needs to be enabled.

EFB copies to RAM needs to be disabled.

Direcxt9 neeeds to be used.

AA needs to be disabled.

Hope this helps Smile
(03-14-2013, 10:28 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same cpu as you and can run SMG2 fullspeed with LLE without any sound skipping 99% of the time.
There are few rare spots where it does drop below 60 fps, but they are very late in the game.

I dont have SMG1. I have no idea how that game performs, it could need 5 ghz i7 I dont know Smile

However, I havent really tested this lately, I think latest dolphin revision I tried and still could archieved fullspeed was 3.5

AA needs to be disabled.

Hope this helps Smile
Hello. Actually SMG2 does the same thing.
I'm going to go home tonight and run it with the settings you gave me.
Hopefully it'll work!!! Thank you!
(03-14-2013, 10:30 AM)dowonee Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2013, 10:28 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same cpu as you and can run SMG2 fullspeed with LLE without any sound skipping 99% of the time.

AA needs to be disabled.

Hope this helps Smile
Based on my testing, only place where it will stutter a little bit is very begining of the game when Bowser shows up for first time.
Its basically only couple of seconds...
Hours of gameplay after that was fullspeed for me.
Later when some user complained about speed drops even on 4.5 Ghz I tried his savegame where he basically almost finished the game, and yeah I was getting like 45 fps at one particular spot...and it wasnt determined for sure it it was cpu fault Smile
Here is the thread:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-is-...resolution
So yeah its either Bowser or that spot, everything alse should be fullspeed.
You can always try to disable Idle skipping as well in combination with vbeam on, it should stop sound skipping even when you are not running fullspeed, as LordVador pointed out Smile

Also, keep in mind that SMG2 is also gpu demanding..since you have only 650 dont go overboard with IR either..dont put it to 4x because your card certanly cant handle it in this game..try 3x and if it seems you cant get fullspeed lower it to 2x, even 1x just for testing
If you got a Z75/77 you can overclock to 3.8GHZ and if you feel adventurous up the bclck a few MHZ to get 3.9.
(03-14-2013, 10:38 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2013, 10:30 AM)dowonee Wrote: [ -> ]

AA needs to be disabled.

Hope this helps Smile
Based on my testing, only place where it will stutter a little bit is very begining of the game when Bowser shows up for first time.
Its basically only couple of seconds...
Hours of gameplay after that was fullspeed for me.
Later when some user complained about speed drops even on 4.5 Ghz I tried his savegame where he basically almost finished the game, and yeah I was getting like 45 fps at one particular spot...and it wasnt determined for sure it it was cpu fault Smile
Here is the thread:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-is-...resolution
So yeah its either Bowser or that spot, everything alse should be fullspeed.
You can always try to disable Idle skipping as well in combination with vbeam on, it should stop sound skipping even when you are not running fullspeed, as LordVador pointed out Smile

Also, keep in mind that SMG2 is also gpu demanding..since you have only 650 dont go overboard with IR either..dont put it to 4x because your card certanly cant handle it in this game..try 3x and if it seems you cant get fullspeed lower it to 2x, even 1x just for testing
Hi, I just tried it with the above setting... and I don't know if it's better or not but the issue is still there.
However I noticed that from the intro screen to the hub, the sound is perfect. It doesn't get choppy or stopping at any section.
But once I enter a stage and select a star to play the level (simply when the actual level starts), that's when the music gets all choppy.
Any ideas?
Pages: 1 2