Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [WiiWare] Bit.Trip Beat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Unfortuantely, game crashes after choosing from any menu option, it just goes to black screen Sad

Discuss here Blush
(07-19-2009, 01:20 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortuantely, game crashes after choosing from any menu option, it just goes to black screen Sad

Discuss here Blush

From the sound of your description i would assume that this game doesn't work.... can't see any thing else to discus ^^
All the Bit.Trip games seem to be emulated perfectly!
However (!), all games except for Bit.Tip BEAT need a NAND dump to run.
Still then, strangely I can only get them to run through my issue of having no more free space on my virtual Wii HDD. When I start one of the games they say there's no free space and I can decide to continue without the possibility for saving. Then the games work perfectly, though.
When, however, I take out some save folders so that enough space is available to save, those games freeze with a black screen after the "hold the wiimote sideways"-screen.
Can anyone play those games and save?
@ nosound97: How about you? I know you got those games Smile

Rain_1

This is kind of an old followup, but I found out that Dolphin can't extract the Banner and Text information from the .WADs properly on Beat.Trip Core, Runner or Void. However, if you place the savegame/banner information from Bit.Trip Beat on the configuration/cache/title folders of Core, Runner or Void, the games run. They will complain something about the game save being corrupt/invalid, and if i can remember, the emulator will hang again if you try to overwrite them, so you can just select not to save any progress and play the game, however, their banner/name on Dolphin main list will be wrong. Maybe that's why the games hang when Dolphin itself tries to extract that data from the .WAD?

It's been a while since I've performed/researched that information, so I might be wrong on the save being corrupt and can't create a new one, but copying banner information from Beat into Core/Runner/Void folder certainly works.

Don't know if dumping your NAND will fix that problem (I guess it would, since they would come with the savegame/banner information from your Wii? I don't really know how Dolphin/Wii NAND integration works)
Hey, good catch!
Core and Void really start with save and banner copied over from Beat.
Runner, unfortunately, isn't so easily swindeled *g*
Anyway, I hope a dev reads this and - knowing the issue - can do something about it.

Rain_1

I guess you are right, Runner wasn't out back when I tested this stuff. I also hope some devs read this, but I doubt it. Big Grin
the game works great over here. i just bought it and gave it a spin.
which one?
Threads confused me. I'm actually talking about Runner. You have to play it on your Wii first, before playing it in Dolphin.
Pages: 1 2