Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Core 2 Quad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's possible to enable core 2 quad?

I have one and only see activity in 2 processors.

To play dolphin do you recommed a core 2 duo or core 2 quad?
(07-19-2009, 12:55 AM)wguerram Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible to enable core 2 quad?

I have one and only see activity in 2 processors.

To play dolphin do you recommed a core 2 duo or core 2 quad?

Dolphin is not optimized for quad core and never will be, one core is for emulating the gpu and one is used for emulating the cpu, an additional core may be used for audio in the future
good answer Smile

Veeeight

There is no way for now to run dolphin on more than 2 cores. I've seen some post about possibility to make it for 3 cores but it seems to be for very distant future. I got same problem with Phenom II X4, makes me almost feel physical pain to see 2 useless cores that uses energy. That's why I'm building another pc for main purpose of runing dolphin on it, based on Phenom II X2 or X3 - I'm not 100% sure yet.
(07-19-2009, 01:05 AM)Veeeight Wrote: [ -> ]There is no way for now to run dolphin on more than 2 cores. I've seen some post about possibility to make it for 3 cores but it seems to be for very distant future. I got same problem with Phenom II X4, makes me almost feel physical pain to see 2 useless cores that uses energy. That's why I'm building another pc for main purpose of runing dolphin on it, based on Phenom II X2 or X3 - I'm not 100% sure yet.

Hoary for regurgitating information that i said 2 posts ago? >.<

Veeeight

(07-19-2009, 01:09 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-19-2009, 01:05 AM)Veeeight Wrote: [ -> ]There is no way for now to run dolphin on more than 2 cores. I've seen some post about possibility to make it for 3 cores but it seems to be for very distant future. I got same problem with Phenom II X4, makes me almost feel physical pain to see 2 useless cores that uses energy. That's why I'm building another pc for main purpose of runing dolphin on it, based on Phenom II X2 or X3 - I'm not 100% sure yet.

Hoary for regurgitating information that i said 2 posts ago? >.<
If u would be smarter u would know that in top left corner is time of adding post to the thread and if u would be even more smarter u would notice that when I've started to write mine post there was no answers in this thread at all but we shouldn't expect too much from u so it's forgotten.
Yes i do notice that you posted 5 minutes after me... I don't really care so lets not argue about it
(07-19-2009, 12:55 AM)wguerram Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin is not optimized for quad core and never will be, one core is for emulating the gpu and one is used for emulating the cpu, an additional core may be used for audio in the future

so there is a plans to make it "Optimized" for at least "3 cores" right?
if so, can I say it will be "Partially Optimized" for quad core processor?
(07-19-2009, 01:37 AM)Emulatong Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-19-2009, 12:55 AM)wguerram Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin is not optimized for quad core and never will be, one core is for emulating the gpu and one is used for emulating the cpu, an additional core may be used for audio in the future

so there is a plans to make it "Optimized" for at least "3 cores" right?
if so, can I say it will be "incompletely Optimized" for quad core processor?

It may be optimized for 3 cores but i doubt it will be until they get the emulator working for most games smoothly on 2 cores. Basicly, using more than one core for the cpu or gpu would take to much bandwidth and would make it redundant and probably run worse than on 2 cores (or 3 if an audio core gets used)

cmccmc

no it will be optimized for AMD's stupid tri core processors
Pages: 1 2 3