Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Avatar: The Last Airbender
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How are people getting this game to work without crashing at the first screen (checking memory card)? The Wiki says this:

Crash
The game crashes during boot. Use MMU Speed Hack to fix this

I've enabled the MMU Speed Hack under the properties for this game, but it still crashes. I'm using the USA version of the game, and have tried Dolphin 3.5, 4.0.2, and the latest dev build. I've heard a few reports that people are able to get the EUR version of the game working without crashing, but I'm stuck with the USA version.
Then NTSC version(s) might be broken. I can't tell you more because I've got PAL version. We'd need some NTSC version users to confirm this.

Btw there's something you can try. Go into "Properties" (right click your game in your game list) and check "Speed up Disc Transfer Rate"
Thanks for the suggestion LordVador. I put a check next to "Speed up Disc Transfer Rate" but it still crashes like before. I actually just acquired a EUR version of this game, but it's crashing too. The first screen it loads up is the language selector (3 choices--represented by flags). As soon as I choose an option (I've tried all 3), Dolphin immediately crashes. I've tried using both the MMU Speed Hack and the Speed up Disc Transfer Rate options. Are you not having that same issue with your EUR copy of this game?
No. Last time I played this game I had no issue. I'll retry as soon as I can with latest builds.

Another thing you can try is to make sure your dump is OK. A corrupted iso might be the problem at this point
I've tried three dumps of the game so far--all to no avail. I have tried ticking, unticking, and adjusting just about every single setting in Dolphin to see if there was one that was causing issues, but nothing changed the issue. I've played tons of other games with Dolphin before, but I've never had an issue quite like this one.

EDIT: I dunno if this will help out or not, but I switched the CPU Emulator Engine from JLT Recompiler to Interpreter and now it's giving me an actual error instead of the normal Dolphin crash. Here's what it says:

Warning
Program tried to reach an opcode from [00000000]. It has crashed.

EDIT 2: I just had an idea that might be worth trying. If your game is working just fine, would it be possible for you to upload a Dolphin save state file at the title/menu of the game?
The game worked for a period and and it's been a while that is broken again, don't remember the version it worked though.
Interesting, thanks for the info Link. I'll have to sift through a bunch of older versions to see if I can get one working. I'll report back if/when I find one that works.

EDIT: I was able to get the USA version to load with Dolphin 3.0-765 (I tried about 10 different builds varying from the earliest available from Dolphin to the latest, and this was the only one I tried that would load the game). However, there are a ton of graphical glitches with the character models. Better than nothing I suppose. Also, the default settings had the MMU Speed Hack enabled. With that setting left on, the game would freeze after 30 seconds or a minute. Unchecking it and then instead checking MMU did the trick--no more freezing.
Hi.

I've tried running Avatar: The Last Airbender (USA version) but like others have mentioned, it crashes the entire program at the startup screen. I tried it with stable 4.02, 4.0-4918, and now 4922. It's the only one of my games that manages to crash Dolphin altogether (Teen Titans freezes after you've been playing for a couple minutes, but you can simply stop emulation). Has anyone managed to get this working? Is there some setting I can adjust? Huh
I tried running this with 4.0-5091 and it's made some progress. The game no longer crashes after the first opening credits. I actually got as far as the intro to the game (the animated 'water, earth, fire, air' scene). But it was a crawling 4 FPS all the way. I didn't actually wait to see if you could reach in-game. Pretty happy that it just stopped crashing.
Pages: 1 2