Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 3.5 Wind Waker Low FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker on Dolphin 3.5 and it lags like CRAZY. I'm not sure if its just my computer or Dolphin. I get around 15 FPS at certain areas. Then around 30-32 FPS in other areas. Here are my computer specs.

Intel ® Core™
i5 CPU M 560
@ 2.6GHz 2.67
GHz
4.00 GB (3.68 GB usable)
64-bit Operating System.

If you have any solutions to this crappy lag i'd appreciate having it. Thanks! Smile

Another thing I figured out right now was that I keep getting these black screens after a scene. Is this a glitch? -_-
I found another bug. My Wind Wakers sound is stuttering. It goes off and on off and on. Any fixes?
Do you have a discrete GPU?
GPU ? Don't tell me you're using Intel HD (1st gen Core I series integrated GPU) which is terrible
(02-26-2013, 11:00 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a discrete GPU?
I'm pretty sure I don't

(02-26-2013, 11:01 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]GPU ? Don't tell me you're using Intel HD (1st gen Core I series integrated GPU) which is terrible
Crap I think I am. On the side of my computer it reads IntelĀ® HD Graphics.
I'm fairly sure you can edit your .ini configuration file for this game to use EFB Copies -> Texture instead of RAM. That may provide you with some speed-up. See Garteal's post here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gre...#pid236957

Also, check out the Dolphin Wiki or the Wind Waker thread in the Game Disucssion forum for ways of getting around black screens. It's a well known issue for this game, but fortunately a number of solutions exist.
(02-26-2013, 11:50 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]I'm fairly sure you can edit your .ini configuration file for this game to use EFB Copies -> Texture instead of RAM. That may provide you with some speed-up. See Garteal's post here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gre...#pid236957

Also, check out the Dolphin Wiki or the Wind Waker thread in the Game Disucssion forum for ways of getting around black screens. It's a well known issue for this game, but fortunately a number of solutions exist.

I don't understand what he means by ini setting. I am rightclicking the games banner. Went to properties. Then I cant find edit config. Whaaat????
If for some reason Dolphin can't access your default text editor (happened a lot on Linux) simply right click the game and go to Properties. You should see the Gecko ID in the form of something like "GZLE01" for NTSC-U region games and "GZLP01" for PAL region games. In your Dolphin folder, go to User\GameConfig and edit the GZLE01.ini or GZLP01.ini file in your text editor. Change the lines that Garteal mentioned.
(02-26-2013, 12:42 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]If for some reason Dolphin can't access your default text editor (happened a lot on Linux) simply right click the game and go to Properties. You should see the Gecko ID in the form of something like "GZLE01" for NTSC-U region games and "GZLP01" for PAL region games. In your Dolphin folder, go to User\GameConfig and edit the GZLE01.ini or GZLP01.ini file in your text editor. Change the lines that Garteal mentioned.
Alright I got that done. Smile
I can assure you that even with the lowest settings possible including 1x IR and efb copy to texture you will not be able to run the vast majority of games (probably including this one) at fullspeed. That IGP is way too slow.
(02-27-2013, 06:04 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]I can assure you that even with the lowest settings possible including 1x IR and efb copy to texture you will not be able to run the vast majority of games (probably including this one) at fullspeed. That IGP is way too slow.
Its running a little better for some reason. It lags less now.
Pages: 1 2