Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 3.5 Wind Waker Low FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Porshej

Okay now i have a question about this....i have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook with Dual Core radeon graphics video card and A4 Vision CPU by AMD and i also have over 4 gigs of RAM, i also got the latest dolphin software (4.0) and im having a really hard time running zelda the wind waker. My gamecube is at home with my parents and i dont feel like driving all the way back home to go get it to play. I just dont understand why im having so many issues running this game because i can play world of warcraft easily with no problems and beautiful display, i also play need for speed without any problems what so ever and it has just as good graphics as my xbox does. I always have my laptop sitting on a laptop cooler where its propped up and what not. So it shouldnt be a overheating problem...
(02-27-2013, 06:37 AM)1UP Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2013, 06:04 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]I can assure you that even with the lowest settings possible including 1x IR nd efb copy to texture you will not be able to run the vast majority of games (probably including this one) at fullspeed. That IGP is way too slow.
Its running a little better for some reason. It lags less now.
Hold on there. PC games and Dolphin don´t behave the same.

PC games: Better GPU = Better speed.

Dolphin: Better CPU = Better speed.

And you said it´s an A4? I thought that APU was only available quad-core. Anyway it will be way too weak for most games.
DJBarry004 Wrote:Hold on there. PC games and Dolphin don´t behave the same.

That's not entirely true since that implies that cpu performance has no effect on PC games and GPU performance has no effect on dolphin.

And yeah his cpu is way too weak for dolphin. APUs can be dual core, quad core, or in very rare cases single core.
(10-03-2013, 05:16 AM)Porshej Wrote: [ -> ]I always have my laptop sitting on a laptop cooler where its propped up and what not. So it shouldnt be a overheating problem...

Cooling pads are pretty useless. Don't rely on this

Porshej

Okay but like i said, why is it i can run higher graphic games and much more complex gaming environment but my laptop is too weak to even function this emulator? In other words yall are saying my gamecube is more powerful than my gaming laptop? and to answer the A4 question it is quad core because it includes the other two AMD radeon graphics cards plus the A4. I asked the guys i bought it from at best buy. thankfully they still work there cause i got this laptop last summer. Anyways, it just doesnt make sense that if my laptop that can play all of these wonderful games cant run this application, actually now that i think of it, it kinda does make sense cause im asking it to play a game that usually runs off a disc anyways but without it. So it would make sense to have a more powerful computer but mine is a gaming laptop so im still slightly confused. I may just invest in that alienware laptop later on....
(10-03-2013, 08:36 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
DJBarry004 Wrote:Hold on there. PC games and Dolphin don´t behave the same.

That's not entirely true since that implies that cpu performance has no effect on PC games and GPU performance has no effect on dolphin.

And yeah his cpu is way too weak for dolphin. APUs can be dual core, quad core, or in very rare cases single core.
Porshej Wrote:Okay but like i said, why is it i can run higher graphic games and much more complex gaming environment but my laptop is too weak to even function this emulator?

Because you're not emulating those games.

Porshej Wrote:In other words yall are saying my gamecube is more powerful than my gaming laptop?

Nobody said that. Do you understand what an emulator is?

Porshej Wrote:and to answer the A4 question it is quad core because it includes the other two AMD radeon graphics cards plus the A4.

It is a quad core but what you just stated has nothing to do with the number of cpu cores.

Porshej Wrote:I may just invest in that alienware laptop later on....

Or just do what sane people do and get a desktop.
Quote:and to answer the A4 question it is quad core
All AMD A4 APU are dual core (A4 has 1 module which is much weaker than recent dual core CPU from Intel) . A4 is not even a true dual core CPU
A8 and A10 have 2 module . Both of them are not even true quad core CPU
First generation A6 is quad core CPU . New gen A6 is dual core CPU same as A4
It's quad core as far as performance and software are concerned (and therefore me).
Pages: 1 2