Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Transferring saves through revisions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I'm currently trying to transfer my save game of Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes over from Lectrodes r7617 to the new 3.5. When I export the save file in that revision it gives me the savedata.bin however putting it in the 3.5 folder does nothing. It says that it's reading a save game, but none of my progress is there. What do I need to do in order to transfer it over?
http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...te_Dolphin

Just copy the GC and Wii folders from User from the old build to the new one. Simple as that. You could copy the entire user folder as well, but better to keep the newer GameConfig folder after such a giant leap in revisions.
(02-26-2013, 07:50 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...te_Dolphin

Just copy the GC and Wii folders from User from the old build to the new one. Simple as that. You could copy the entire user folder as well, but better to keep the newer GameConfig folder after such a giant leap in revisions.
Didn't work
(02-26-2013, 07:53 AM)Zeikai Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't work
That's not helpful.
(02-26-2013, 01:48 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2013, 07:53 AM)Zeikai Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't work
That's not helpful.
Well sorry, but I don't know what else I can provide really. It's quite confusing to me as well, because there does not seem to be a save file actually being used with the game, it's just being saved into either something hidden or thin air or something. Since transferring all the files and the actual save file don't seem to do it, not sure what else. Was hoping one of the devs would know what's up. If there's anything I can provide that I haven't said do tell me.
Just to be sure: you're talking about in-game saves not savestates right?

If these are in-game saves then post your data.bin (or even better a copy of your Title folder) and I'll try to load it with Dolphin 3.5
(02-26-2013, 10:53 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Just to be sure: you're talking about in-game saves not savestates right?

If these are in-game saves then post your data.bin (or even better a copy of your Title folder) and I'll try to load it with Dolphin 3.5
Yeah it's in-game saves, really wish you could transfer save states through, would of made this alot simpler. I'll upload the title folder for it through dropbox, hopefully I set it up right.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4a0xd8gpjn3clcj/5Qw7xxsQxx?m
OK. I'll have a look to this as soon as I can
(02-27-2013, 05:06 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]OK. I'll have a look to this as soon as I can
Thanks man, appreciate it.
So I tried with Dolphin 3.5 (and with another build): the savefile is loaded but there doesn't seem to be any saved data indeed. Very weird.
The Title folder you provided is the one you got in r7617 not the one exported in 3.5 right?
Maybe an issue with saves in this game. Try to enable "Auto-save" in game settings (if you haven't done it yet) and see if that makes a difference
Pages: 1 2