Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Transferring saves through revisions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(02-27-2013, 10:25 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]So I tried with Dolphin 3.5 (and with another build): the savefile is loaded but there doesn't seem to be any saved data indeed. Very weird.
The Title folder you provided is the one you got in r7617 not the one exported in 3.5 right?
Maybe an issue with saves in this game. Try to enable "Auto-save" in game settings (if you haven't done it yet) and see if that makes a difference
Auto save was turned on before I saved at all, and what's weird is it looks like that save file isn't even being used. It's blank because the save is going somewhere else. Before I even tried to export, when I went to do it, it gave me an error saying there wasn't one. So I loaded it up on 3.5, and it gave me one there. I copied it to where it should of been on r7617 and saved, but it didn't do anything to it. So if you would know where it saved maybe we can find it.
(02-27-2013, 11:02 AM)Zeikai Wrote: [ -> ]Before I even tried to export, when I went to do it, it gave me an error saying there wasn't one

That would mean the game didn't create a savefile. And yet you said you could save your in-game progress?
Save exports aren't 100% reliable but that doesn't explain why your savefile has no saved datas.

(02-27-2013, 11:02 AM)Zeikai Wrote: [ -> ]So if you would know where it saved maybe we can find it.

Post a copy of your Wii folder. I'd like to see something
(02-27-2013, 09:55 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2013, 11:02 AM)Zeikai Wrote: [ -> ]Before I even tried to export, when I went to do it, it gave me an error saying there wasn't one

That would mean the game didn't create a savefile. And yet you said you could save your in-game progress?
Save export aren't 100% reliable but that doesn't explain why your savefile has no saved datas.

(02-27-2013, 11:02 AM)Zeikai Wrote: [ -> ]So if you would know where it saved maybe we can find it.

Post a copy of your Wii folder. I'd like to see something
Went ahead and just put my whole user folded up for you in case you ended up needing something else.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xzih3a6rm10fkco/8AEt4rCXU7?m
So I understood what happened.

For any reason (I've already seen the case for other games) a "side-folder" has been created for your game. Look at this:
[attachment=8906]

In this folder you'll find a Data sub-folder:
[attachment=8907]

In Dolphin 3.5 (or the revision you wanna use) just replace the Data folder with this one.

I tried and it worked just fine. Your saved game was there Smile
(02-28-2013, 02:18 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]So I understood what happened.

For any reason (I've already seen the case for other games) a "side-folder" has been created for your game. Look at this:

In this folder you'll find a Data sub-folder:

In Dolphin 3.5 (or the revision you wanna use) just replace the Data folder with this one.

I tried and it worked just fine. Your saved game was there Smile
Awesome, it worked perfectly, thank you!
Pages: 1 2