Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: less demanding RPGs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i really wasn't sure where to post this so i decided to post it here. i am currently running a pretty low-end CPU and was wondering if there was any good rpgs that are non demanding. thank you Smile
How did you develop such confidence ? Not a single game can play well on your current rig (maybe Super Fruit Fall xD)
(02-25-2013, 01:56 AM)theabyss30 Wrote: [ -> ]was wondering if there was any good rpgs that are non demanding

Unfortunately for you RPGs are usually very demanding. I'm talking about GC/Wii/PS2 games.
But if you're a great RPG fan (as I am) you'll find a lot of excellent games on less demanding systems (SNES, PSX, even the old NES) Smile
Ahh , I just remembered that extremely light-weight game on the wiki . It's called "Phantom Brave"
Not sure it's good or not though
The only RPG I can think of that you could really play at fullspeed given your system would be Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. Your CPU is pretty weak for Dolphin, and your IGP will bottleneck you even at 1x IR with no AA. Of course Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and such are out of the question, but so are titles like Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, Phantasy Star Online: Ep. 1&2, etc. It's not that the latter are demanding games; your system is just too weak to handle much of anything.
(02-25-2013, 02:48 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I just remembered that extremely light-weight game on the wiki . It's called "Phantom Brave"
Not sure it's good or not though

It's a good old-school RPG. Rather "light" indeed
Quote:Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia
IF you included LLE backend , you could say my laptop is too weak to those games as well
Most GC games need only HLE audio to run fine. Any revision from 3.5-77 or higher will do. Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia were notorious for requiring LLE audio and hence being somewhat demanding. But even as early as 3.0-809 audio on HLE has become very acceptable, and after the new-ax-hle merge it's pretty much perfect for either game. LLE audio isn't even recommended anymore for SoA on the Dolphin wiki. It is recommended still on the wiki for ToS, but in my opinion it's totally unnecessary.
well that stinks.. are there any good games i could play with my rig?
(02-25-2013, 03:20 AM)theabyss30 Wrote: [ -> ]are there any good games i could play with my rig?

Tell us which games you'd like to play
Pages: 1 2