Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: new GPU and CPU help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello people i am buying a new graphics card and CPU come April and i was looking at some
CPUs and GPUs and with a bugetof $250 i was able to find these two. will then run dolphin decently?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...llFullInfo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819115078
Did you really need a new topic for this? Are you planning to put them in the system you talked about in your last thread? If so it will not work.
Edit: Yeah these will run dolphin decently. Not the best but significantly better than what you have now.
(02-23-2013, 07:50 AM)Xalphenos Wrote: [ -> ]Did you really need a new topic for this? Are you planning to put them in the system you talked about in your last thread? If so it will not work.
Edit: Yeah these will run dolphin decently. Not the best but significantly better than what you have now.
why wont it work if you dont mine me asking
and sorry for making a new thread about this.
Your existing system, being a core 2 duo, is socket lga 775. The CPU you have selected requires socket lga 1155 so it is not compatible with your current motherboard. To use that CPU you will also need a new motherboard and ram too.
(02-23-2013, 09:11 AM)Xalphenos Wrote: [ -> ]Your existing system, being a core 2 duo, is socket lga 775. The CPU you have selected requires socket lga 1155 so it is not compatible with your current motherboard. To use that CPU you will also need a new motherboard and ram too.
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-E8400-Proces...core+2+duo

this would be compatible with my mother then since its is a lga775.
160$ is too expensive for an outdated CPU . Seriously , a 70$ low-end Pentium Sandy Bridge like G860 outperform E8400 by a large margin . You can search E8600 via ebay , it cost around 85$ . As for the GPU , why did you choose the outdated AMD 6750 , not mention it's not a low profile GPU . If your power supply not provide enough wattage to power it , your pc will be unstable and blow up soon
Probably. You should check with your motherboard's manufacturer first. Even if it is it's kind of a $160 waste of money at this point though.
Edit: Ninja'd also Yeah you could probably get a low end sandy pentium with motherboard and ram for not too much more than that processor. And then you would have somewhat of an upgrade path.

Edit again: Here is most of a system for under your $250 budget it will be vastly superior to what you have now and the power requirements should be really low. I'ts not the best but you can upgrade the cpu when you save up some more money. Also the motherboard is compatible with Ivy Bridge, with a bios update, so after you build this you can save up for a 3570 non k version, can't overclock with this system. You still wont be able to play the most demanding games full speed all the time but everything should be playable.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G860 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($50.97 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7750 1GB Video Card ($92.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $243.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-22 23:28 EST-0500)
Err , I just check Ivy Bridge G2020 price , it's bout the same price as G860 but it outperforms G860
Intel Pentium Ivy Bridge G2020 2.9GHz 70$ (beat any Core 2 duo @ 4.0GHz)
Asrock B75M Micro ATX Mobo 58$
Yeah I noticed it too. I was going ultra budget to stay under his $250 obviously he can up change out components as his budget allows. The motherboard I picked supports ivy but possibly not right out of the box so I picked the sandy to be on the safe side. Also I wanted to save some on the other components to get a graphics card with gddr5. Oh and the price is with a $20 rebate so its actually slightly over budget already.

But yeah I was really just trying to illustrate how his money could be better spent.
the most i could possibly spend is 300 so thanks for the suggestions i will probably go with these.
Pages: 1 2