Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: CPU or GPU?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So i recently started hearing these terms and im a little confused to my little understanding is gpu the graphics card and cpu the pc?

also what does dolphin use more?

since i recently got a new graphics card i want to know more about these things i mean i remember reading somewhere somebody saying dolphin use cpu or something i barely remember
(02-18-2013, 12:07 AM)yodenny Wrote: [ -> ]is gpu the graphics card?

It is.

(02-18-2013, 12:07 AM)yodenny Wrote: [ -> ]is cpu the pc?

In this case CPU is the processor.

(02-18-2013, 12:07 AM)yodenny Wrote: [ -> ]also what does dolphin use more?

Dolphin is more CPU dependent
ok if dolphin is more cpu dependent then will i atleast gain a boost with my new graphics card?

maybe its a dumb question but then again i didnt make dolphin
Basically it won't. But it may avoid bottlenecking your CPU Big Grin.

Btw what new stuff did you get?
so maybe i will get a boost since the graphics my pc uses is integrated

anyways so i got the gtx 650 ti i looked at the benchmark chart and the G3D Mark of the intergrated one and my new one is a huuuge gap cant wait to intall it Big Grin
Don't get your hopes up. As you just asked and seemingly ignored, your CPU is most important.
(02-18-2013, 12:32 AM)yodenny Wrote: [ -> ]so maybe i will get a boost since the graphics my pc uses is integrated

You probably will.

(02-18-2013, 12:32 AM)yodenny Wrote: [ -> ]anyways so i got the gtx 650 ti i looked at the benchmark chart and the G3D Mark of the integrated one and my new one is a huuuge gap cant wait to install it Big Grin

Good choice indeed
ok so another thing i wanna know is the psu i bought is 500w and the minimum for the graphics card is 400w does this affect Overclocking or anything else in the pc
(02-18-2013, 12:46 AM)yodenny Wrote: [ -> ]ok so another thing i wanna know is the psu i bought is 500w and the minimum for the graphics card is 400w does this affect Overclocking or anything else in the pc

500w is fine for this card. And if you plan to overclock
nice! thanks for the answers this really helped
Pages: 1 2 3