Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: CPU or GPU?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
yodenny Wrote:ok so another thing i wanna know is the psu i bought is 500w and the minimum for the graphics card is 400w does this affect Overclocking or anything else in the pc
What is the exact brand and model of the PSU?
(02-18-2013, 01:28 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]What is the exact brand and model of the PSU?

Thermaltake TR2 TR-500 500W ATX12V v2.3
If you bought AMD GPU , you could do crossfire with your APU -> Squeeze more performance in PC game , no gain in Dolphin
(02-18-2013, 03:02 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ], no gain in Dolphin

hmm nope im convinced i would get some gain in dolphin if you dont believe so i will let you know

Qaazavaca Qaanic

On very CPU-heavy games, the CPU can't run the game code fast enough for 60vi/s, and the GPU doesn't have enough frames to show, so a better one won't matter. If the CPU is not strong enough, you need to upgrade the CPU or overclock somehow. And if you're sure the GPU is the problem (only slowdown when fullscreen, higher IR, or antialiasing or anisotropic filtering) then a better one should fix that. But if the CPU is slow, upgrading the GPU is going to do zero.
Dolphin does not support Crossfire / Sli . Dolphin only use 1 GPU in case if you don't know
@jimbo1qaz my cpu can play most games no prob except last story.... but my guess is (but im not really sure only making assumptions here) that the integrated graphics card is holding my pc back (just a whim no research actually made) here why my desktop says its quadcore (yes i know dolphin uses two cores) and while i was trying to use sse4 on ps2 emu it did not support

@admin89 i wasnt really planning to use sli since i would need another geforce graphics which i would rather not waste my money at this moment since i have what i want and last i seen my desktop only has one slot the other slots looked too small for another graphics card so i really dont know what those are used for
(02-18-2013, 03:33 AM)jimbo1qaz Wrote: [ -> ]On very CPU-heavy games, the CPU can't run the game code fast enough for 60vi/s, and the GPU doesn't have enough frames to show, so a better one won't matter. If the CPU is not strong enough, you need to upgrade the CPU or overclock somehow. And if you're sure the GPU is the problem (only slowdown when fullscreen, higher IR, or antialiasing or anisotropic filtering) then a better one should fix that. But if the CPU is slow, upgrading the GPU is going to do zero.

Facts are a stupid way of determining how well something is going to work, just guessing and being stubborn is a much better philosophy.

(02-18-2013, 03:10 AM)yodenny Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-18-2013, 03:02 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ], no gain in Dolphin

hmm nope im convinced i would get some gain in dolphin
@Starscream well actually is not that i dont believe you guys i actually take it into consideration is that i need to actually see proof wether or not i get gain or stays the same to me its like you saying gpu has no part in emulation at all and you can play it with the slowest graphics card possible and still be able to play demanding games with a fast processor i do not deny the fact that you need a fast cpu but doesnt the gpu take part in it aswell?

[edit] lol umm i dont if that was for me or jimbo1qaz
(02-18-2013, 04:04 AM)yodenny Wrote: [ -> ]well actually is not that i dont believe you guys i actually take it into consideration is that i need to actually see proof wether or not i get gain or stays the same to me its like you saying gpu has no part in emulation at all and you can play it with the slowest graphics card possible and still be able to play demanding games with a fast processor i do not deny the fact that you need a fast cpu but doesnt the gpu take part in it aswell?

Did you read jimbo1qaz post at all? He pretty much summed it up for you. Basically, whatever speed you get now at 1xIR is the same speed you're going to get with a new video card, only you'll be able to use 3-4xIR without losing speed.
Pages: 1 2 3