Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What would be my recommended settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

yangusis

Hey everyone, this isn't exactly my laptop, but my roommate owns the Alienware M17xR4 laptop, and I was wondering what would be optimal settings for it? The game I'm aiming for is Xenoblade Chronicles.
http://www.cnet.com/laptops/dell-alienwa...18796.html
This website seems to have most of the specs down, except it instead has 6GB RAM and I dxdiaged it and it tells me it has Intel HD Graphics 4000 instead of the AMD.
Also the processor when I check computer properties says 2.6GHz instead of the 2.3 it mentions in the details on that site.
I'd really appreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance!
Just use the settings for best speed (link in my signature) and you're fine.
You wont get fullspeed, try these settings, the HD 3000 will make life really difficult for you.
EDIT: Ninja'd Sad
Add Dolphin.exe to high performance via AMD SG Control Panel and make sure battery Settings are high perfomance as well
Download Dolphin 3.5- 145 on the mainsite and use 4x Internal Resolution , no AA , 16x Anisotropic Filtering . Don't select "fullscreen mode" , use Alt-Enter to Enter fullscreen
Enable "OpenMP texture decoder" also help
Edit : If you have no idea about its specs , you can try to install AMD graphic driver first then us "HWinfo" to check your roommate laptop specs
If it truly has no AMD 7970M , you are out of luck , 1x Internal Res(480p) is your best bet

yangusis

(02-12-2013, 08:39 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Add Dolphin.exe to high performance via AMD SG Control Panel and make sure battery Settings are high perfomance as well
Download Dolphin 3.5- 145 on the mainsite and use 4x Internal Resolution , no AA , 16x Anisotropic Filtering . Don't select "fullscreen mode" , use Alt-Enter to Enter fullscreen
Enable "OpenMP texture decoder" also help
I have an NVIDIA Control Panel, but not the AMD SG one :o Or I don't as far as I know at least... I'll try these other settings out though!
Quote:NVIDIA Control Panel
Here you go .Dxdiag is crap , please use some modern programs and tell us what are exactly that laptop specs otherwise we can't tell what are the best settings for your laptop GPU