Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game not running at full speed..........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

megazero1x1

hello all

please help me.
my laptop config is
cpu: AMD A8-4500m
Graphics card: HD7670m+HD7640g dual Graphics
ram: 4 GB

for some reason the games do not run properly more specifically 1)Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess : runs @ 14~18 frames even in places like the very first village.
2)dragon ball z budokai 2 runs @ 30~40 frames.
3)Fire emblem path of radiance @ 18~30 frames in 3d cut scenes

is this the max my laptop can go to ?????????

the config ain't that bad.........................

please help me............

thank you.
(02-08-2013, 06:51 AM)megazero1x1 Wrote: [ -> ]is this the max my laptop can go to ?????????
Pretty much. Your cpu isn't good enough for dolphin.
Your computer is far too slow
Yep. Your CPU is not strong enough, sorry.

megazero1x1

any way to shift some cpu load to gpu .

if i am correct the bottle neck is the cpu not the gpu.
so anything i can do to improve performance other than overclocking (My laptop heats up like crazy as it is) ?
megazero1x1 Wrote:so anything i can do to improve performance other than overclocking (My laptop heats up like crazy as it is) ?

Stop buying AMD hardware. Other than that, no.

megazero1x1 Wrote:any way to shift some cpu load to gpu .

No. They are two completely different processors designed for very different workloads.
""Stop buying AMD hardware.""

Well this is bull**** when you ask me, AMD can perform very good, even with Dolphin.
Its true, that Intel has the best and fastest CPU´s at the moment, but AMD can run every game at full speed.
Quote:even with Dolphin
AMD can run every game at full speed
You're joking right ? The Last Story , Mario Galaxy + LLE will not run fullspeed with AMD 8350 (Mario Galaxy is not even playable if you use LLE with that CPU)
Current Piledriver / Bulldozer single threaded performance lag behind those Pentium Sandy Bridge / Ivy Bridge
Dolphin is a dual core application !
(02-10-2013, 02:34 PM)RaZZZa Wrote: [ -> ]AMD can perform very good, even with Dolphin.
I agree. For the games that aren't extremely demanding.

(02-10-2013, 02:34 PM)RaZZZa Wrote: [ -> ]but AMD can run every game at full speed.
Got any proof. I have a phenom ii x6 1100t @ 3.8ghz, should be pretty much on par with an 8350 in single threaded performance, and it will not run smg 1 full speed. Even with HLE it isn't quite full speed. I wouldn't count that anyway since the music is going to drop out with HLE, and some games require LLE. Maybe with insane overclocks that are beyond the reach of most users it could play everything full speed. For the average user wanting full speed in dolphin "stop buying AMD hardware" is good advice. The only caveat being that maybe it should be "stop buying AMD processors."
Unless AMD somehow catch up Intel in single theaded performance ... I still want 8 cores CPU for future emulation (P*3 , Wi*U)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5