Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Very slow, despite decently powerful computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

TeSeC

I've been looking at the Dolphin updates for about 10 months now, and have been patiently waiting for an update that would allow me to play games at full speed. The game that I primarily want to work is Super Smash Bothers Melee.

I am using the most current version, 3402.

My computer is as follows:
2.4 GHz Quad Core (Q6600)
8 GB RAM
Windows XP 64-bit
8800 GT (Alpha Dog Edition)

When trying to play SSBM, I get anywhere between 2-17 fps, even with Dual Core selected, 640x480 res (and lower with previous versions of Dolphin), 1x anistropic fliter, no AA, and Disabling all audio.

I have even Disabled Material Lighting, Texturing, Destination Alpha Pass, and Fog (one by one), just to see if it was that, and I could barely naivagte through the menus. Still very low fps.

I think it may have something to do with my CPU, b/c the core loads skyrocket to 100% and don't lower throughout the entire time the game runs.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Am I not choosing the correct options? Is it my video card, or my CPU.

I also, get these video errors where it looks as if someone selected a vertex on a model and stretched it across the screen, jumping everywhere. That may be a Video Card error, but I'm not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I searched through the forums and couldn't find anything that helped, so now I'm asking for direct help.
well man try new builds we are on 3816 download here http://cid-ec92aae47a89073b.skydrive.liv...ew=details

also you sould check this thread it gives you some more fps http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2832.html
Strange that you have so little, my 3.0 GHz gets full speed mostly. Graphics settings shouldn't really matter when you have a good graphic card (Except AA which is a little broken at the moment). You sure everything is up to date, can you run modern computer games well?

TeSeC

(07-17-2009, 07:09 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Strange that you have so little, my 3.0 GHz gets full speed mostly. Graphics settings shouldn't really matter when you have a good graphic card (Except AA which is a little broken at the moment). You sure everything is up to date, can you run modern computer games well?

Yes I can run modern games very well. I can run CoD 4 Maxed out at 60 FPS, i can run Crysis Maxed out @ 30 FPS, i can run Mirror's Edge Maxed out (besides physics) at 60+ fps, BF2142, TomClancey's Rainbow Six 1 & 2, etc, etc. Not only that, I do Computer Graphics, utilizing 3dsMAX, and Maya, and i scream through renders.

I'm really kind of baffled. Like i said earlier, I can even turn off Textures in Dolphin, and It STILL runs slow.
Actually, It just occured to me, I'm using two monitors, one video card. Would the second monitor be using enough of the video card to not allow it to work correctly? (i use the second monitor when playing those other pc games i mentioned.
you must be doing something wrong ssbm is rated as perfect
go here and follow this forum and see if it works.... http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2824.html
disable other audio Smile
ya lol

TeSeC

ok, i got it to work. More b/c im a dumb@ss than anything. I am using 2 monitors on 1 video card. I didnt think it would be drawing that much from the video card. I disabled the other monitor, and viola, it worked.

So thank you all for your help. Smile

I just wish i didnt have to disable the monitor. I had been planning on getting a second video card and sli-ing it (1 card per monitor), so that would probably help. until then, oh well.

again, thanks!
how did you disable the other one???????
Pages: 1 2