Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Very slow, despite decently powerful computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

TeSeC

(07-17-2009, 10:23 AM)hansenderek Wrote: [ -> ]how did you disable the other one???????

i went to display properties, settings, selected my second monitor, and ticked the "Extended my windows... blah, blah, blah" box off.

Then my video card was only working with 1 monitor, so it had to do less work, allowing it to run dolphin correctly.
(07-17-2009, 10:19 AM)TeSeC Wrote: [ -> ]I disabled the other monitor, and viola, it worked.

You disabled the other monitor, it worked, AND you got a viola too?!?!?

Damn, I wish I was so lucky. Big Grin
voila!

Anyway, it's strange that dual monitor slows it down so much. Do you have one gfx card with two display ports, or are you running two separate cards?
(07-17-2009, 10:19 AM)TeSeC Wrote: [ -> ]ok, i got it to work. More b/c im a dumb@ss than anything. I am using 2 monitors on 1 video card. I didnt think it would be drawing that much from the video card. I disabled the other monitor, and viola, it worked.

So thank you all for your help. Smile

I just wish i didnt have to disable the monitor. I had been planning on getting a second video card and sli-ing it (1 card per monitor), so that would probably help. until then, oh well.

again, thanks!

Tis weird that this happened to you....I have dual monitors setup and never have problems running dolphin :\
Pages: 1 2