Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: About my HP Envy 6 Ultrabook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

XDarkMario

i have a hp envy 6t ultrabook and it still struggle a bit with games, like 45 fps, super smash bros brawl (Wii) runs at about 45 fps wile mario kart double dash (GC) runs at 35-45 fps, i have a modernity powerful laptop running a quad core Black edition i5 and a total of 4 GB of video card, thats switchable graphics 2GB of Intel and 2GB of ATI radeon 7670. using my Switchable graphics control panel i tell dolphin to use the AMD Video card and even though it doesn't show it uses the AMD. Is this lag due to incorrect settings? also i have dumped my wii System and GC dsp to the appropriate folders and can boot to my wii menu.

in the Attachment Below. Are my full specs.
Your CPU is too weak. Don't expect a better performance
Good evening DarkMario,

Unfortunately that's the best your laptop has to offer. Your CPU is too slow to play these games at 100% speed.
It's only clocked at 1.6GHz with turbo-boosts up to 2.3GHz.

Your best bet is to simply use the stable Dolphin versions, 3.0 or 3.5.
3.0 might give you better performance, but it is not supported anymore on the forums.
Use the fastest settings for Dolphin (written by Starscream) with either stable build.
Quote:quad core Black edition i5
Is it a hybrid version of Phenom II Black Edition & Core i5 ? J/K
Seriously , no . Your i5 2467M is a low-end dual core CPU with Hyper Threading (2 cores 4 threads)
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-...420.0.html
Quote:a total of 4 GB of video card, thats switchable graphics 2GB of Intel and 2GB of ATI radeon 7670.

This part is wrong too. I don't know of any laptops that have 4GB of video ram. You probably have 2GB. The Intel IGP uses system ram to store data.
(01-30-2013, 05:32 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]This part is wrong too. I don't know of any laptops that have 4GB of video ram.

Stumbled across this while eating lunch today: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/01/h...ss-laptop/

Almost lost said lunch when I saw the price-tag Confused
>Quadro GPU

That would be why. I guess I should add the prefix "consumer grade" in front of laptop.