Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Best and Fastest Dolphin Revision?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,
I'm currently using 3.5-269 to play the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Dolphin and it works great (by frameskipping Tongue)
Can anybody tell me what is the fastest dolphin revision you guys have played to handle any game? (Download link too please Big Grin)
Thanks

-Gemini
(01-25-2013, 03:13 AM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]http://dolphin-emu.org/download/list/master/1/

The first one is the best.
Always the first?
Does it sometimes cause issues?
Edit-
How do I "Update" dolphin because I have save files and controllers etc. ?
A faster or better revision is useless if your CPU isn't powerful enough to run Dolphin. What processor have you got?
(01-25-2013, 03:19 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]A faster or better revision is useless if your CPU isn't powerful enough to run Dolphin. What processor have you got?
Not very good
Pentium Dual Core 2.20 GHZ
but it can run games well enough to be playable.
(01-25-2013, 03:21 AM)Gemini Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2013, 03:19 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]A faster or better revision is useless if your CPU isn't powerful enough to run Dolphin. What processor have you got?
Not very good
Pentium Dual Core 2.20 GHZ
but it can run games well enough to be playable.

You can try these settings http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-set...unofficial .
Not sure you improve your speed though. Your processor is a bit weak. Moreover you chose a game that's very demanding
Ok! Thank you. So the "Best" Dolphin revisions are always the newest ones.
Can someone answer my other questions (previous posts) Please Tongue
This is a really good forum!!!!!!!! Smile
Thank you all
-Gemini
Edit-
Hey wait!, What about 3.5? Isn't that a really good revision?
3.5 and 3.5-XXX are the best builds since they're the most recent ones.
For the fastest builds you should use the "Search" button and look for an old unofficial thread that gathered the so-called fastest builds.
Since old builds are no more supported on the forum I won't give you the link Tongue
(01-25-2013, 03:35 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]3.5 and 3.5-XXX are the best builds since they're the most recent ones.
For the fastest builds you should use the "Search" button and look for an old unofficial thread that gathered the so-called fastest builds.
Since old builds are no more supported on the forum I won't give you the link Tongue
Aw okay, what about updating Dolphin?
(01-25-2013, 03:36 AM)Gemini Wrote: [ -> ]what about updating Dolphin?

Just copy your "User" folder in the new build you wanna use
Pages: 1 2