Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: metroid prime 2 problem on start-up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
more often i find myself staring at a black screen while the game is running, this happens alot on the startup of the game.

it is more noticable on the newer revisions (3.5 and onwards mostly) and i just cant start a game unless i completly whipe all my settings and start fresh, and even then the slightest change in either resolution or anything, i get the same results, or even worse, it displays the wrong colors (red is green etc)

how is this possible?
is there something wrong with the codings etc of dolphin or is the the game i am trying to play? (metroid prime 2 mostly)

i know it is not my hardware, i know that for certain, or is metroid prime 2 more corrupted as the revisions go?
both are ntsc version (1 and 2 and it happens on both games) even windwaker has these hickups sometimes.

if it is the case of the game, any suggestions of settings i can use to play the game decently without any hassles?
im pretty knowledgeable on dolphin and its settings but i find myself lost in this one.
To be the game, because I not to obtain your results with the games in that I am interested... Surely fanatic of this game can give you a hand... Regards!
(01-24-2013, 01:21 AM)CaptainRed Wrote: [ -> ]To be the game, because I not to obtain your results with the games in that I am interested... Surely fanatic of this game can give you a hand... Regards!
uch i user.
not english ooga

speak formal english please, this just doesnt make sense >.>
Settings?
(01-24-2013, 07:30 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Settings?

default except the resolution (auto - window size)
efb to ram and texture cashe to safe

thats basicaly it.

currently used revision is 3.5-322

edit: i have come to the conclusion it only happens with metroid prime/2, when i try to play other games it happens either less or not at all.
sooo.. no one knows the issue?

nice.
Can you hear audio even though the screen is black?
(01-26-2013, 10:07 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Can you hear audio even though the screen is black?
yeah i can, i can even play the game (without seeing anything obv) but it looks like the screen is off to somewere else
sometimes i see the warning stuff in the beginning in the right corner with cut text, like it displays 1/4th of the screen top left half on the lower right screen
most of the time it remains black tho... :C
What is the last revision that you tried that doesn't have this problem?
(01-26-2013, 11:56 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]What is the last revision that you tried that doesn't have this problem?

wow i couldnt tell you, that has been a long time D:
in the 3.0 era, but i couldnt tell you what revision >.<

if i knew i just used that revision instead Tongue

on a side note, i downloaded the 3.5 release(the 3.5 nothing else behind it one xP), and the game just crashes no matter what setting i use (right at defaults to other settings)
i could give 3.0 a try
Pages: 1 2 3