Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Double Dash on i3 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As many said That the Wii mario kart is very hard to play in battle 4 humana mode, i start to think about the gamecube Double Dash version, and have some questiona, please help me because gamecube session is closed :c
• gamecube games can obtain real full HD grapics and full screen resolution?
• Double Dash is really less demanding than Wii version?
• can i play it in full speed 4 human players battle and cup mode with an i3 3rt generation processor and gtx 550 ti?
(01-22-2013, 02:11 AM)rafael Wrote: [ -> ]• gamecube games can obtain real full HD grapics and full screen resolution?
• Double Dash is really less demanding than Wii version?
• can i play it in full speed 4 human players battle and cup mode with an i3 3rt generation processor and gtx 550 ti?

1) Yes, GC and Wii games have the same native resolution. Dolphin increases that for both of them to produce HD quality graphics
2) Wii games aren't necessarily any more demanding than GC games. In fact, just treat every game as having different demands from your hardware.
3) Which i3 model are you looking at exactly? 4 players, either on a GC or Wii game, still increases how demanding a game is, in comparison to normal single-player mode.
Im thinking in 3220 3.3

So the graphics really run in a superior quality in a 32" TV full HD? Because gamecube with rca cabe is terribleeeee.

Could someone test double dash batlle 4 players mode with i3 and i5 3330 and tell me if its ok in full speed and full screen?
I don't have an i3 or a i5 3330 but I have been playing double dash lately. I have a i5 2500k at stock 3.3ghz and I tried out 4 player today and the framerate didn't drop at all. 2.5x IR and LLE on thread.

So the i5 3330 being Ivy Bridge should give you a similar experience. I'm betting you don't live anywhere near a microcenter but still an i5 3570k should only be about $40 more. If the 3330 is in your budget now just save up for a few weeks and get the better cpu so you can overclock for more demanding games.
(01-22-2013, 02:28 PM)Xalphenos Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have an i3 or a i5 3330 but I have been playing double dash lately. I have a i5 2500k at stock 3.3ghz and I tried out 4 player today and the framerate didn't drop at all. 2.5x IR and LLE on thread.

So the i5 3330 being Ivy Bridge should give you a similar experience. I'm betting you don't live anywhere near a microcenter but still an i5 3570k should only be about $40 more. If the 3330 is in your budget now just save up for a few weeks and get the better cpu so you can overclock for more demanding games.
And where did you use it? an 32'' tv? you used full screen ? have you observed a better grapics than in gamecube rca cabe old tv? I mean, the grapics really touch the hd resolution and is really beautifull ?

You tryed 4 players in battle? with 4 contollers or 1 + 3 cpu players?

thanks friend.
I used it on my computer. Screen size doesn't matter resolution does. Of course I have observed better graphics than what gamecube rca out could do. Why else would I be using dolphin. I have a gamecube and double dash sitting by my tv. I just upped my graphics settings and retested. 3x IR, 9x SSAA, 16x AF and still a solid 60 FPS. Gamecube RCA out is 480i Dolphin 3x IR is 1920 x 1584 which is greater than 1080p full hd. And yes I tried battle and versus with 4 controllers split screen. Some tracks are more graphically demanding than others though. So to maintain full speed on all tracks I've lowered SSAA to 4x.
(01-23-2013, 05:33 AM)Xalphenos Wrote: [ -> ]I used it on my computer. Screen size doesn't matter resolution does. Of course I have observed better graphics than what gamecube rca out could do. Why else would I be using dolphin. I have a gamecube and double dash sitting by my tv. I just upped my graphics settings and retested. 3x IR, 9x SSAA, 16x AF and still a solid 60 FPS. Gamecube RCA out is 480i Dolphin 3x IR is 1920 x 1584 which is greater than 1080p full hd. And yes I tried battle and versus with 4 controllers split screen. Some tracks are more graphically demanding than others though. So to maintain full speed on all tracks I've lowered SSAA to 4x.
FANTASTIC !!! REALLY REALLY THANKS MY FRIEND...

COULD YOU DO ME ONE LAST BIG FAVOR PLEASE ?

COULD YOU TAKE A PICTURE OR 2 WITH THE GAME IN FULL SCREEN IN SINGLE MODE RACE FOR I SEE HOW BEAUTIFULL IT IS IN 1920X1080P ? MY GTX 550TI WILL BE THE VGA USED....

YOU THINK DOUBLE DASH STILL AS BEAUTIFULL AS WII MK IN DOLPHIN? FOR ME DOUBLE DASH IS THE BEST MK EVER MADE...

SO I DECIDED TO SPEND A FEW MORE REAIS ( MONEY HERE IN BRASIL ) AND TAKE THE I5 3570, I BOUGHT AN SSD 128GB YOU THINK IT CAN GIVE ME MORE SPEED TOO OR ITS THE SAME AS HDD ?

REALLY THANKS, YOUR HELP IS USEFULL TO ANOTHER FRIEND THAT IS LOOKING YOUR ANSWERS WITH ME...
[/color]
(01-23-2013, 06:58 AM)rafael Wrote: [ -> ]I BOUGHT AN SSD 128GB YOU THINK IT CAN GIVE ME MORE SPEED TOO OR ITS THE SAME AS HDD ?
Same
(01-23-2013, 08:17 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2013, 06:58 AM)rafael Wrote: [ -> ]I BOUGHT AN SSD 128GB YOU THINK IT CAN GIVE ME MORE SPEED TOO OR ITS THE SAME AS HDD ?
Same
Some people said that ssd give some fps and music loader speed, i dont know if its true ;c

I believed because if the files ''search and load'' from de hdd in a slow speed, if you use an ssd '' that is much faster'' this search and load should be faster, and by this you obtain fps and music loader fasters, this is what i thought ;c
Quote: I5 3570
You want the i5 3570k, not the i5 3570. The K version allows you to overclock if you have a z77 motherboard, so certain demanding games can be made to run at fullspeed.
Pages: 1 2