Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Double Dash on i3 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-23-2013, 08:34 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: I5 3570
You want the i5 3570k, not the i5 3570. The K version allows you to overclock if you have a z77 motherboard, so certain demanding games can be made to run at fullspeed.
yeah i know the diference, but i already have my b75 gigabyte mobo, and here in brasil the 3570 price is R$540,00 and the 3570k is r$640,00 ..

A big price diference, in the future i change the i5 3570 for some cheaper i7 3rt generation....
Hey, rafael, I did some testing for you. Note I don't have three people I can call on to play these games, so I had to do it myself as best as I could :p This is on Dolphin 3.5, btw.

MK Double Dash:
With my i5-2500K on stock (3.3GHz), I can play MK: Double Dash almost at fullspeed with 4 players. It varies between about 54~60 FPS depending on how much action there is on screen. Please note that at the start of races, the FPS seems to drop until players start moving. It went down to about 47 FPS, but when the racing began, it seemed to pick up. Given that the Ivy Bridge chip you're looking at (i5-3570) will be faster even at the same speed, you shouldn't have any problems playing this game with four friends.

MK Wii:
Four players drops to about 30 FPS. It's playable, but perhaps not ideal for you and your friends. Even when the four players are racing, it didn't seem to do any better than that. Like I said, the 3570 will do better than my stock clocks, but it won't be enough to run this game with four players fullspeed. You'll need to do some overclocking if you do. Graphically speaking, MK Wii looks a lot better than MK Double Dash even when both are played in HD, but MK Double Dash is still a fun game.

Now for some screenshots. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to take a picture of MK Double Dash running near fullspeed with four players, I'll add that later tomorrow.
http://i1.minus.com/jbdUdoBjgo8eYF.png
http://i5.minus.com/j02mnKfLc3dV0.png
http://i2.minus.com/jvPwhsuorJgcV.png
Really thank you my friend, me and my friends here in Brasil really apreciate your big help..

The Double Dash seems to be more coloress than Wii mk, but no doubt Wii version have better graphics.

so i think my Little 3570 will give me Good times in fun with Double Dash 4 players and Wii mk 2 or maybe 3 players, thanks for the screenshots too.

If a had Money to take an i7, i think that both should be played in full speed right?
The i7 would be no faster then the i5 at the same speeds
(01-25-2013, 12:34 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]The i7 would be no faster then the i5 at the same speeds
so better go with i5 3570 3.4ghz and 3.8 in turbo boost..
And it would be much or just a Little faster than the i5 2500k 3.3ghz stock used at shonumi test?
It would be about 10% faster because of the newer architecture
Only 10%? So i supose that the i5 3330 3.0ghz should be the same as 2500k?
Not if you account for OC'ing
(01-25-2013, 01:28 AM)rafael Wrote: [ -> ]Only 10%? So i supose that the i5 3330 3.0ghz should be the same as 2500k?

A "k" is always the best deal. An overclocked 2500k will run almost all games full-speed. This isn't the case of 3330.
But if you have to choose go for 3570k of course
Pages: 1 2