Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What do you think of this computer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm thinking of buying this computer (sold in parts):
Obviously strong etc, but anything that sounds bad/imbalanced about it? (Price is Norwegian so hard to judge for others, 10000NOK ~= 1793USD, often you can split it in half for comparable US price) Also, how advanced/safe is it to build (I haven't built one before but maybe it's about time I learn).
Quote:Obviously strong etc, but anything that sounds bad about it?
i5 vs i7 = Zero gain via Dolphin but the price is ...
If you choose i7 for video encoding then it's ok
Gainward ? Is it a good brand ? I've never heard about that brand
Besides , that GPU use Nvidia reference design . If you plan to overclock GPU , please choose an aftermarket design like Gigabyte , Asus ( Top brand)
Where is aftermarket CPU cooler ? And thermal compound (Arctic MX-4)
i5 3570K ?
Thank you, just the one in my edited post. Ok maybe build another time.^^
i5 3570k is the best choice. i5 2500k/2600k are good alternatives. And i7 3770k is still a good choice Big Grin
When you buy SSD , make sure you buy Intel SSD for durability . You don't want to buy a fast SSD that don't last long , right ?
I know some high-end Samsung SSD can compete Intel SSD in term of durability but those SS SSD are not cheap
I prefer the latest SSD from Intel
http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=764477
AMD 7970 is very good but if you wait until AMD release their 8000 series (either Jan or February - 2013) , the price will be cheaper
Dolphin-wise i'd say you got your self a tie, all that's left is driver issues for the DX11 for the Radeon although it might have been resolved already.
(01-17-2013, 02:28 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Also, how advanced/safe is it to build (I haven't built one before but maybe it's about time I learn).
Easier than LEGO.
Pages: 1 2