Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Speed seems slow - have I any chance?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

purplegreendave

Was hoping to relive some nostalgia by emulating some GC games. I've no interest in emulating any Wii games really.

Core2Duo T5750 @ 2.0Ghz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400
3GB RAM

Win 7 Pro x86

Tried running Wind Waker and can't get anything stable above 65% using the settings here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-set...unofficial

Is it possible at all to get the emulator to drop a few fps in favour of better speed? I'd be happy enough with that - I'm only looking to waste a bit of time in the evenings, not blow minds with buttery smooth HD resolutions.
Your PC is far too slow for this kind of emulation. Basically, running games is pointless with that setup.

purplegreendave

I was afraid of that. Luigi's Mansion seems to be running at a usable rate so I was holding out some hope.
Thanks anyways.
If you're able to overclock that CPU it may help a bit. Other than that, there really isn't anything else you can do.

purplegreendave

Ah I'm not too bothered - I thought I might have just missed something where I could make it look a little worse/less smooth for the sake of preserving speed.
Cheers for the replies anyway, maybe some day I'll have a computer more suitable to running a game or two more complex than Bejewelled!