Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A question about bugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Basically what has happened is that I've run into a bug, and found found it was already reported a while ago. The only problem is that the bug received little attention at the time, and from the comments I don't think any attempts have been made to fix it. Before anyone gets mad at me, Im not here to complain to the devs or anything stupid like that, but rather I'm here to ask this question:
When in the situation I'm in, what should I do? I want to be respectful of the devs, but I fell like the issue will never be fixed if it isn't brought to their attention. So should I just wait? Is there a good way of letting the devs know? It looks like the bug will never be fixed as is, its been in the "new" status for almost a year now.
I can provide details about the bug/ my system if you need them, but I decided to not put them in the first post because I'm not reporting the bug, but rather asking a question about the bug fixing process.
Thanks for any help!
Well knowing what bug you're talking about would help.....
Stick around and hopefully one of the devs will give you a reply. I'm kind of surprised that there was no response on googlecode (then again it is the holidays).
Alright, sounds good.
Some issues just take forever for the devs to notice and get around to addressing. For example, there are still a handful of three-digit-number issues left. https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...&start=500
Ok, so does this mean this bug probably wont get fixed any time soon?
Possibly. The devs will eventually get around to it, but if you want to expedite the process, you'll have to either get them interested in the bug, provide enough debug info for them to easily figure it out, disguise yourself as delroth or neobrain and yell at someone long enough for them to fix it, or just fix it yourself.
Lol ok, I'm just going to get all the debug info I can and put it on the google code page sometime tomorrow.
If you could find the first revision that crashes the game (if it didn't crash since the introduction of the "insert sd card" option), that would help a lot.

I'm not really interested in that issue because while it is definitely valid, it also has a very easy workaround: just uncheck the option. Not that other devs won't be interested by it, but this is my personal reason for not working on it.
Pages: 1 2