Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Worth waiting for Haswell?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

DrozzRith

So basically I'm going to gift myself a new processor, and I read somewhere that an overclocked i5-3570k will run pretty much any game (on Dolphin, I mean), but does it really? With Haswell coming out in only a few months I was wondering if it was worth it to wait for the release, or simply buy an Ivy Bridge Undecided
An i5 4670k Haswell @ 3.8 - 4.0GHz will run demanding games full speed : SMG + LLE , The Last Story
i5 4670k 3.8GHz ~ i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz
I would go for Haswell Tongue

Better CPU is BETTER.

Perormance overkill? Overkilling is good, too. And oh hey don't forgot about LLE.
Haswell rocks Cool

The i5-4670k should be able to play all games @ full speed. And the best: You don't have to overclock as admin89 said. (Maybe 200Mhz more, but you won't need a high-end cool -> you can save money)

DrozzRith

It's decided then Smile Thanks for the tips guys, I'll wait for Haswell.
haswell got pushed back to june at least. your call man
I thought it was always intended for June?
Just get a 2600K with a nice cooler and OC it to 4.5 GHz, I can even stream Paper Mario: TTYD at 60 fps with LLE using Open Broadcaster Software.
Don't get a 2600K. If you aren't going to wait until Haswell, at least get an Ivy Bridge chip. Also, there's no benefit in dolphin of getting an i7 over an i5, so you can save yourself some money. The current best choice is an i5 3570K, and after June (when Haswell is available) it will be the i5 4670K.
(12-27-2012, 10:53 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]i5 4670k 3.8GHz ~ i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz
Now that Haswell is out, can you confirm this?
And can you complete this? "i5 3570k 4.2GHz ~ i5 2500k @ xxxxx"

Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4