Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is more then geforce 460/560 required even for 1x Internal Resolution.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
There is spot in SMG2 where even i5 3570k at 4.5 Ghz cant deliver fullspeed.
This is screenshots I made, first one is LLE, second HLE :
[Image: ikfsG.jpg?1]
[Image: xHvOU.jpg?1]
I only have i5 2400, but user xcyper33 has confirmed that even on his 3570k at 4.5ghz he is getting exactly same results:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-las...fps?page=7
Anybody knows whats going on here ?
Do we need geforce 680 gtx even for 1x IR ???
Wait, but there is SPEED:107 and 116% -- more than fullspeed.
I have 3570k and builtin graphics and it shows fullspeed with 1xIR. With 560 or even 680 you can play with 3xIR.

Also, fraps can throttle framerate. Disable it and enable internal fps counter.
Internal counter does show same as fraps as you can see, and game feels slow motion a little.
If you have SMG2 , you need to test this area, its pretty far into the game.
I can provide save and instructions how to get there if anybody is willing to test
Yo, rpglord, remember my idea about temporary GPU bottlenecks from the thread in Hardware (the one where we tested LLE and HLE on various Wii games)? This sounds a lot like that phenomenon; certain parts of the game simply get too demanding, even at 1x IR with zero AA.

Mind sending me a save? My sister beat SMG2, so I could probably just use the save on our Wii, but I'm too lazy for that :p
i smell the perfect spot for a CPU benchmark.

but on topic. thats pretty crazy. can u send me a copy of the save as well. ill report what i see on my end.
(12-26-2012, 01:54 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Yo, rpglord, remember my idea about temporary GPU bottlenecks from the thread in Hardware (the one where we tested LLE and HLE on various Wii games)? This sounds a lot like that phenomenon; certain parts of the game simply get too demanding, even at 1x IR with zero AA.

Mind sending me a save? My sister beat SMG2, so I could probably just use the save on our Wii, but I'm too lazy for that :p
Yes of course I remember, but we still if I remember correctly were able to get around 60 fps, its just that is was a lot slower then in other places.
Here it's really slow Smile
Its xcyper33 save, I attached it as a zip file.
For anybody willing to test : Just go to latest level he got to, then play a little bit, around 5 minutes, remember to use long jump ( game will explain how ) and you will get to this area quickly.
I'll try this out later once I compile 3.5 and I'll come back with the results. It may be that some temporary GPU bottlenecks are more demanding than others. For example, the ones I tested, you're right rpglord, it's easy to get 60 FPS (FPS still dropped lower in these spots in comparison to all others w/framelimit off) the ones from the save file are probably even more intense.
A good way to work out whether this is a GPU bound spot would be to look at the difference between 1xIR and 2xIR (and if you could be bothered to hack it in to a recent build 0.5xIR).
This is very weird...but you'd think a 560ti is enough to handle anything Wii emu can throw at it.
(12-26-2012, 08:03 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]A good way to work out whether this is a GPU bound spot would be to look at the difference between 1xIR and 2xIR (and if you could be bothered to hack it in to a recent build 0.5xIR).
There is no difference when changing IR...
Pages: 1 2 3 4