Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is more then geforce 460/560 required even for 1x Internal Resolution.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Then it's likely not the horsepower of the GPU, but something else. It could be:

Access to RAM
Access to VRAM
Access to HDD
High load on weird part of pipeline than no PC game uses much, so isn't very powerful
Long list of complex calculations which depend on each others results, so less than 1 IPC is achieved as results must be loaded from and written to cache/RAM
(12-26-2012, 10:42 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Then it's likely not the horsepower of the GPU, but something else. It could be:

Access to RAM
Access to VRAM
Access to HDD
High load on weird part of pipeline than no PC game uses much, so isn't very powerful
Long list of complex calculations which depend on each others results, so less than 1 IPC is achieved as results must be loaded from and written to cache/RAM
Wow...well ont he positive note, atleast I know that it isn't my CPU thats messingup.
Quote:Wow...well ont he positive note, atleast I know that it isn't my CPU thats messingup.

He's just speculating. We (by which I mean you guys) need to do more testing before you can begin to form likely theories.

HDD access shouldn't cause this. It could be a memory access stall. Anybody willing to fire up a profiler and/or run dolphin in debug mode with shader info.? A FIFO dump might also help.
Yes to the OP.

I've done my testing on pcsx2 and the GPU requirement stop around a GTX 570 level on graphically demanding games. However, some games I get stuttering such as Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner due to the 1.2GB vram capacity. Upgraded to the GTX 580 3GB and the stuttering went away and also gained a few fps to boot Tongue
(12-26-2012, 05:22 PM)tuanming Wrote: [ -> ]Yes to the OP.

I've done my testing on pcsx2 and the GPU requirement stop around a GTX 570 level on graphically demanding games. However, some games I get stuttering such as Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner due to the 1.2GB vram capacity. Upgraded to the GTX 580 3GB and the stuttering went away and also gained a few fps to boot Tongue
Just to be safe, run dolphin on 3.5, use my save that OP created and see how well your fps is on that spot.
Somebody alse then xcyper who has overclocked sandy/ivy really needs to test this, just to be sure its not something wrong on his pc.
Nothing is wrong on mine, but it could be because I have i5 2400
I tried this yesterday, using 3.5 and tried all 3 back-ends just to be sure. I also changed IRs but I got the exact same results as the posts here.
It's definitely not the GPU, and it can't be the CPU either as it works fine when unlimiting the framelimit.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the audio synchronizing.
(12-26-2012, 08:49 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]I tried this yesterday, using 3.5 and tried all 3 back-ends just to be sure. I also changed IRs but I got the exact same results as the posts here.
It's definitely not the GPU, and it can't be the CPU either as it works fine when unlimiting the framelimit.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the audio synchronizing.
Wait, you got better fps with framelimit off ?? How much did you get in this spot ?
I was not able to get better then 44-45 fps no matter what settings I used
Iirc it was around 60~65FPS. I'll test it again and report accurate results when I'm done rendering.
Ok, thanks Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4