Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Retina Macbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Please no flame wars. I like Apple. End of that discussion.

I just bought my self a fully upgraded 15" retina macbook. These are the specs:

2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz) with 8MB shared L3 cache.

16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L memory

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

Bluetooth 4.0

How do you think this will run dolphin? Also what are the odds that my 2 in 1 wiimote will connect to it and work?
Quote: 2 in 1 wiimote
Dolphin doesn't like fake/third party wiimote . For more info Click here
You'll have to use Windows 7 / 8 x64 via bootcamp for Dolphin

Quote: These are the specs
That CPU & GPU are ok for most games at 1080p as long as you can keep turbo boost max (3.5-3.6GHz) all the time and GPU is out of idle mode
Turbo Boost will do the job if your laptop is not overheating
(12-20-2012, 11:40 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:2 in 1 wiimote
Dolphin doesn't like fake/third party wiimote . For more info Click here
You'll have to use Windows 7 / 8 x64 via bootcamp for Dolphin

Quote:These are the specs
That CPU & GPU are ok for most games at 1080p as long as you can keep turbo boost max (3.5-3.6GHz) all the time and GPU is out of idle mode
Turbo Boost will do the job if your laptop is not overheating
Excellent, heat hasn't really been a problem actually. The fans get annoying but the laptop will be across the room attached to my TV for wii play.
Be aware that Dolphin currently has a major lighting issue with Nvidia GPUs under OS X, and it doesn't sound like delroth's gonna be able to fix it anytime soon. You'll have to boot into Windows (or Linux) to play games if it's too unbearable.
I personally own a Macbook Pro Retina (specs in my profile) and I'm surprised of the good performance I get in my games. Of course, Super Mario Galaxy etc. don't run @ fullspeed, but the rest of my games is really playable. I recommend you to install Win 7 through Bootcamp to get the best performance Wink
But retina is not 1080p. How dolphin works with max resolution?
Not very good... 2880x1800 is too much for the GPU. Big Grin

But 1080p works fine Wink
(12-21-2012, 01:25 AM)Shished Wrote: [ -> ]But retina is not 1080p. How dolphin works with max resolution?

It doesn't matter, if you're using fullscreen the image will be upscaled.
(12-21-2012, 01:25 AM)Shished Wrote: [ -> ]But retina is not 1080p. How dolphin works with max resolution?
I'll be using it on a 55" 1080p TV.
So you're spending thousands of dollars to specifically get a laptop with a high end screen in order to use it with a 1080p HDTV? Is that correct?
Pages: 1 2 3